Will Democrats Ever Stop Wearing Masks?

They just can't let go of their face diapers, Staff Edit. They still think there's something to fear. They live in fear. Now they're lining up for their monkey pox shot and their 4'th booster. They make their small children wear face diapers too! I see it in the store. Child abusers and idiots. If you're still wearing a face diaper, you might as well tattoo the word "stupid" on your forehead. That's what we all think about you.

I don’t think any state has a mask mandate anymore.

You boys are just howling at the moon.

If it’ll make you feel any better, WalMart is already advertising for Halloween. You might find a good N95 there…
  • Tiny
  • 08-17-2022, 08:42 AM
I'm not a Democrat. I wore a KN95 mask when I was in a crowded indoor area just last week. There were a couple of hundred people in the place, and I don't remember anybody else who masked up, although there must have been someone.

As to Why_Yes_I_Do's placard that it's all about control, the anti-maskers are trying to control people like me. I haven't ever been refused entrance or service for wearing a mask, YET, but have had people get downright hostile when they saw it on me. I don't know why some anti-maskers won't leave people like me in peace.

As to Cheap Charlie's contention that Staff Edit Democrats are the ones wearing the masks, I'll call BS on that. It's the Asians who are wearing them. I've been on a couple of Zoom calls with Asians lately, and they mask up even when they're by themselves in their cubicles or their offices.

Now you can say what you want about the Asians. Staff Edit. But they're smart as hell. Smarter than the rest of us. Maybe they know something the anti-maskers don't. They were wearing masks before COVID.
Charlie is a prime example of the well reasoned right spoken of by ICU. Genius.
Charlie’s trying to bring the conversation back to an old ECCIE PF favorite - racism.

Calling out the only black person he knows.
I'm not a Democrat. I wore a KN95 mask when I was in a crowded indoor area just last week. There were a couple of hundred people in the place, and I don't remember anybody else who masked up, although there must have been someone.

As to Why_Yes_I_Do's placard that it's all about control, the anti-maskers are trying to control people like me. I haven't ever been refused entrance or service for wearing a mask, YET, but have had people get downright hostile when they saw it on me. I don't know why some anti-maskers won't leave people like me in peace.

As to Cheap Charlie's contention that Staff Edit Democrats are the ones wearing the masks, I'll call BS on that. It's the Asians who are wearing them. I've been on a couple of Zoom calls with Asians lately, and they mask up even when they're by themselves in their cubicles or their offices.

Now you can say what you want about the Asians. Staff Edit. But they're smart as hell. Smarter than the rest of us. Maybe they know something the anti-maskers don't. They were wearing masks before COVID. Originally Posted by Tiny
Asians have been wearing Masks for a long time in China long before Covid due to Air Pollution in the large cities. Asians are in the habit of wearing masks. Besides airborne toxins can get ya sick too if you are exposed to high enough concentrations.
  • Tiny
  • 08-17-2022, 11:20 AM
Asians have been wearing Masks for a long time in China long before Covid due to Air Pollution in the large cities. Asians are in the habit of wearing masks. Besides airborne toxins can get ya sick too if you are exposed to high enough concentrations. Originally Posted by Levianon17
It's not just the air pollution, but also to protect from disease. I used to travel to Asia for work, and mask usage picked up after SARS back around 2003, and it stuck afterwards, especially in Hong Kong. The fatality rate for the old SARS coronavirus was around 15%, so people took it very seriously. That's when I started stockpiling N95 masks, to add to my stores of drinking water, canned food and ammo.
I think the older you are the more deadly your case of covid might be. I'm 87. I ALWAYS wear a mask in grocery stores still. The first year of the epidemic I was forced to wear a mask at work (I would have anyway). I have trouble with regular masks. I have BTE hearing aids and wearing a mask all day pinches the HE wires into my ears and makes them SORE. (also the damn things or TOO SMALL - hard to find them with adult-size loops) OK I got a big head too. I can wear the cheapies briefly, just not all day.

My employer was pretty flexible so I wore $10 bandannas. I didn't catch covid. ALSO what I didn't catch was COLDS! I used to get 3 of the damn things per winter. Everybody was commenting on their lack of colds. This alone would keep me in masks in the winter. BTW I'm a straight-up Republican Trump voter. Pretty straight-up. I favor abortion and fear the back-lash next fall.
I don’t think any state has a mask mandate anymore.

You boys are just howling at the moon.

If it’ll make you feel any better, WalMart is already advertising for Halloween. You might find a good N95 there… Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Well not right now. But there was a time when every state did. At the beginning when Masks were worn most people who wore them, wore them to protect themselves. To strengthen the use of Masks Health Officials put out the idea that, "You're not just wearing a Mask to protect yourself but to protect others. What that essentially did was instigate aggression between people who were out in public masked and unmasked. The masked viewed the unmasked as being a threat to others instead of just to themselves. That's how you break down society, by pegging people against one another. Now with the vaccine it's the same thing Vaxed vs Unvaxed.
  • Tiny
  • 08-17-2022, 03:07 PM
I think the older you are the more deadly your case of covid might be. I'm 87. I ALWAYS wear a mask in grocery stores still. The first year of the epidemic I was forced to wear a mask at work (I would have anyway). I have trouble with regular masks. I have BTE hearing aids and wearing a mask all day pinches the HE wires into my ears and makes them SORE. (also the damn things or TOO SMALL - hard to find them with adult-size loops) OK I got a big head too. I can wear the cheapies briefly, just not all day.

My employer was pretty flexible so I wore $10 bandannas. I didn't catch covid. ALSO what I didn't catch was COLDS! I used to get 3 of the damn things per winter. Everybody was commenting on their lack of colds. This alone would keep me in masks in the winter. BTW I'm a straight-up Republican Trump voter. Pretty straight-up. I favor abortion and fear the back-lash next fall. Originally Posted by chumfun
Good post. I've only gotten one cold since COVID started, in part I believe because of masks. And I fear the backlash from the Supreme Court decision too.
Well not right now. But there was a time when every state did. Originally Posted by Levianon17
But that's not now, which is what I said regarding the OP.

If you're wearing a mask it's by choice.

Shirley you understand personal liberty, Levi.
It's not just the air pollution, but also to protect from disease. I used to travel to Asia for work, and mask usage picked up after SARS back around 2003, and it stuck afterwards, especially in Hong Kong. The fatality rate for the old SARS coronavirus was around 15%, so people took it very seriously. That's when I started stockpiling N95 masks, to add to my stores of drinking water, canned food and ammo. Originally Posted by Tiny
Well that certainly makes sense. Air Pollution is the result of toxins. Toxicity is a major contributing factor to disease, so it all ties in. The following link is to an interesting article. I remember seeing a picture taken in China, it looked like a foggy day but it was actually the Air Pollution.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...ce-2022-04-23/
But that's not now, which is what I said regarding the OP.

If you're wearing a mask it's by choice.

Shirley you understand personal liberty, Levi. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It should have always been by choice. In fact human nature is a rather funny thing. If wearing a Mask was never politicized in the manner in which it was more people probably would have worn masks without protest.
  • Tiny
  • 08-17-2022, 05:08 PM
Well that certainly makes sense. Air Pollution is the result of toxins. Toxicity is a major contributing factor to disease, so it all ties in. The following link is to an interesting article. I remember seeing a picture taken in China, it looked like a foggy day but it was actually the Air Pollution.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...ce-2022-04-23/ Originally Posted by Levianon17
There are big Asian cities where you just don't want to be outside.