Contacted by an Investigator

I was contacted by a investigator today. Allegedly, I contacted someone that they have now detained. I have never met this person, but sounds like she post on RR. I allegedly contacted her for a massage. I don’t know what all was said. According to the investigator, I asked for her location and then I said I might be in the area next week. Nothing ever happened, I never met her. But the investigator is saying the prosecutor is treating this as… I forget the word. Basically they’re not cutting anyone any slack. Apparently, this girl was underage and was reported missing by her parents in Russia.

I certainly did not intentionally contact anyone underage. Nor did I ever actually met this individual and take part in any illegal activities.
Lets say it was a real investigator...Just keep your mouth shut. If he calls again, be polite and tell him "it's not a good time to talk." Then hang up.

There is nothing illegal about inquiring about a massage. The problem will come if you discussed paying for sex or using a code like donation.

More likely it's a scam from someone who collected your phone number from one of these massage parlors you have visited before trying to get you to fork over cash to avoid a negative information from being released.

Always a good idea to have a burner phone.
An investigator doesn't mean jack shit . Anyone can claim to be an investigator . Ignore all calls you are not expecting . A real investigator would know your location and talk with you in person . Until this happens keep ignoring phone calls . If and when someone approaches you to talk about it, ignore them also . Never talk about the situation unless your lawyer is present . Not here not anywhere . End of story . Good luck .
Sounds like a play on the scam where someone spoofs the Tarrant County DA’s office number, then calls guys claiming they have evidence they called an online ad. Tell them they pay the fine and it will go away. A group pretending to be calling from the TC DA’s office scammed some $300k from scared guys.

What did this alleged investigator say they wanted from you?
IF you use a hobby phone and leave it turned off unless you are hunting, it is MUCH harder to other you. IF it gets really bad..... toss the phone and get a new one with a new number.
An investigator doesn't mean jack shit . Anyone can claim to be an investigator . Ignore all calls you are not expecting . A real investigator would know your location and talk with you in person . Until
this happens keep ignoring phone calls . If and when someone approaches you to talk about it, ignore them also . Never talk about the situation unless your lawyer is present . Not here not anywhere . End of story . Good luck . Originally Posted by FightFan

Ran across that, PI's had infiltrated a group of people, not sure who they were relaying there observations but there are out there too! They do have to be registered but don't have to tell you.
There is a little thing in the US Constitution called the Fifth Amendment. Read it, read what it means, take it to heart and always apply it. There is also something called the Fourth Amendment. Read it, read what it means, take it to heart and always apply it.
if you never met her and didnt do anything illegal then anyone saying you did is either a scam or a cop trying to scare you into confessing to something.

the best thing to do with any LE is to keep your mouth shut and go through a lawyer. the fifth amendment means you cant be forced to talk to a cop, ever.

i know some people seem to have this fear that if they dont talk it means they are guilty and will be sent to prison for a crime unless they explain their side to it. but you can not be judged guilty of a crime based on not speaking to the cops. not how the legal system in america works.

and as has been pointed out, a real investigator would talk to you in person and would know more about your private information such as home address. best thing to do is to either ignore them, or just tell them you dont speak without a lawyer present.
Leave the country now !!!
This isn't the first time someone has posted about a call from an "investigator" Shame on these scammers
I was contacted by a investigator today. Allegedly, I contacted someone that they have now detained. I have never met this person, but sounds like she post on RR. I allegedly contacted her for a massage. I don’t know what all was said. According to the investigator, I asked for her location and then I said I might be in the area next week. Nothing ever happened, I never met her. But the investigator is saying the prosecutor is treating this as… I forget the word. Basically they’re not cutting anyone any slack. Apparently, this girl was underage and was reported missing by her parents in Russia.

I certainly did not intentionally contact anyone underage. Nor did I ever actually met this individual and take part in any illegal activities. Originally Posted by naughtycassanova057