Paid vs Free Dom training/mentorship

So I'm wanting to explore my kink side more and where I fall in the D/s part of stuff. It seems I'm a switch, but haven't done much at all because I don't have any play partners to explore with.

Anyway I was just wondering which you fine folks would recommend, try to find a dom that will train/mentor me for a fee or go the fetlife/bdsm community route and see if I can find someone who'll do it for free by going munches and finding people that way?
Most pro-dommes won't switch, or at least not initially. Maybe after you have seen them for a while and some trust has been built up. If you are ok with being on the receiving end, then it's probably the quickest way to get what you are looking for.

If you go lifestyle, remember that the domme is the one who sets the playing agenda. So if you are looking for something very specific, some will take offense that you see them as a do-me machine and drop you. Others are just batshit crazy...

Lifestyle is probably the best place to be if you are a switch, and perhaps cheaper, though kinky gear can cost quite a bit... a good corset can set you back the same as a 2hr play session, then if you add in quality cuffs, boots, etc (all for your goddess of course), it can get quite a bit. That's the investment aspect vs. expecting a pro to do all that with her dime and you are just buying her time.
Since I'm still new to it all I was more expecting a dom mentoring me would maybe have a sub with which to demonstrate some things that can't really be learned by subbing myself. I guess that's something I'd have to work out with the mentor though.

Thanks for the input, I'm already on fetlife and found a few groups that are local and look semi regular for meetups/munches.
In order to be a great Dom many folks believe you need to be a sub first.
I would seek out "kinky" providers who will Dom you... There are plenty here if you do some research.
In order to be a great Dom many folks believe you need to be a sub first.
I would seek out "kinky" providers who will Dom you... There are plenty here if you do some research. Originally Posted by houston_switch
Yeah that pretty much what I figured, what better way to learn the stuff you need to know than to experience it.
If you lived closer to me ... I would happily be the sub, for you .... just a few times .... on a brief basis ... but sadly that probably doesn't help you ... Since you are looking for a Dom to watch or teach you .... wishing I could help ...