Those fucking hipsters are ruining Austin!

Born and raised in Austin I've grown accustom to various groups of people moving in and enjoying this great city, but a lot of them moved out either after college, the real estate market crashed and even when the tech bubble burst. But now these fucking hiptards with their tight-fitting clothes, beards, tats, black rimmed glasses posing as obscure music or theater geeks pushing their stupid views are annoyingly esoteric rich fucking brats. Worse part? These fucking urban rednecks are breeding and turning their offspring into little shits! What gets me is some of these assholes pose as vegans but pollute the environment with cigarette smoke. What the fuck? Just because you like the band Foster the People doesn't mean you have to dress like them, dude! I'm all for Keeping Austin Weird, but believe me you, hiptards do not qualify as weird when they are as fake as a pair of badly shaped manmade tits.
Born and raised in Austin I've grown accustom to various groups of people moving in and enjoying this great city, but a lot of them moved out either after college, the real estate market crashed and even when the tech bubble burst. But now these fucking hiptards with their tight-fitting clothes, beards, tats, black rimmed glasses posing as obscure music or theater geeks pushing their stupid views are annoyingly esoteric rich fucking brats. Worse part? These fucking urban rednecks are breeding and turning their offspring into little shits! What gets me is some of these assholes pose as vegans but pollute the environment with cigarette smoke. What the fuck? Just because you like the band Foster the People doesn't mean you have to dress like them, dude! I'm all for Keeping Austin Weird, but believe me you, hiptards do not qualify as weird when they are as fake as a pair of badly shaped manmade tits. Originally Posted by illuminati
Oh Hell Yeah! +1,000,000

-Nilla (REAL AUSTINITE)
  • Toyz
  • 08-12-2015, 03:17 PM
A minor impact is this years ACL lineup. Last year I boycotted ACL and went to the outter lands festival in San Francisco. This year I have guests from out of state coming in for ACL bit i could only find one day where the lineup motivates me to even go...
nothing like a good rant
Yep...that is what happened in BEND OREGON...those crazy California new ager hippies ruined it for the locals!
  • tzv13
  • 08-12-2015, 05:37 PM
You didn't mention the ridiculous scarfs that they wear.
You didn't mention the ridiculous scarfs that they wear. Originally Posted by tzv13
Or the knit beanies in 102 degree weather
Cant stand low pant wearing feminine beard having lame hat weak tatted soft non gangster ironic eewwwwww bratz.
pics ?

IB
  • Loxly
  • 08-12-2015, 10:15 PM
I think a new catch phrase is needed:

Austin - Leave it the way you found it - WIERD!

(Although I DO think there should be a weight limit imposed on spandex)
+1000, agree. A thorough ass kicking of these ax, skinny jean, plaid shirt wearing, scrawny mofos is in order. . Then shove a chicken fried steak down their throat or up their asses. Then they need to get laid with a nasty experienced hoogar.
I'm confused by this post. I understand that it's fashionable to rage against hipsters (somewhat ironic I think) but what does anyone actually think they are doing that is "ruining" the city? Walking around in clothes you find distasteful?
I'm confused by this post. I understand that it's fashionable to rage against hipsters (somewhat ironic I think) but what does anyone actually think they are doing that is "ruining" the city? Walking around in clothes you find distasteful? Originally Posted by BlondGuyATX
Not I; I'm indifferent to it as I try to be with all things not my thing. Though he supports his point not on clothing alone...there's the progressive view pushing, hypocrisy, plasticity and bad parenting of their little shits. It's a cultural shift and if you prefer the status quo, then yeah, it could be considered ruining the city.
Fair point, MB. I misread the kids thing as just duplicating themselves but if there indeed is a degradation in parenting associated with their lifestyle (I'm guessing overly permissive?) then yeah that's no good.

I don't care what anyone says about you... you're not a no-talent assclown.