It is about time, Boeheim Slime

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...e-scholarships

Long overdue sanctions against one of the slimiest persons and programs in education and sports. The penalties aren't nearly significant enough.
Long overdue sanctions against one of the slimiest persons and programs in education and sports. The penalties aren't nearly significant enough. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
While I agree it's not significant enough, at least it's something other than a slap on the wrist. Now if the NFL could get on board with penalties!
I know that most of you guys are so provincial, to the point of being overtly vertical in your knowledge, obviously including sports. I travel the USA for work and have been doing so for 32 years and I went to a major D1 school. As did both of my sons who played D1 college football. What Boeheim and Syracuse got justifiably nailed with, happens at EVERY D1 school. Clearly that doesn't vitiate the pervasive fraud which innundated their program, but if this is as universal as it is, then isn't the NCAA equally culbable for making rules which are obviously uninforceable? Wait until the imminent punishment gets levied on UNC, as it will make Syracuse's penalty look like a garden party.
I know that most of you guys are so provincial, to the point of being overtly vertical in your knowledge, obviously including sports. I travel the USA for work and have been doing so for 32 years and I went to a major D1 school. As did both of my sons who played D1 college football. What Boeheim and Syracuse got justifiably nailed with, happens at EVERY D1 school. Clearly that doesn't vitiate the pervasive fraud which innundated their program, but if this is as universal as it is, then isn't the NCAA equally culbable for making rules which are obviously uninforceable? Wait until the imminent punishment gets levied on UNC, as it will make Syracuse's penalty look like a garden party. Originally Posted by whatitiz13
I make no claims to vertical provinciality, nor do I heed any 'they all do it' rationale to blame the NCAA. It is a system stuffed to the gills with greedy vermin.
You and I have had some good convos and have a good mutual respect. No offense or disrespect intended but I could care less about basketball. Football, baseball, and hockey are it for me.
I'm all about cheaters never winning! That's the only point I'm trying to make. If you cheat you lose!
I thought the harsh part was vacating all those wins. Boeheim was tge second winningest coach and now is sixth. 1,000 wins is now out of reach. I actually think there is a possibility of him stepping down.
Who is Boeheim?
I thought the harsh part was vacating all those wins. Boeheim was tge second winningest coach and now is sixth. 1,000 wins is now out of reach. I actually think there is a possibility of him stepping down. Originally Posted by Bushman69
Him stepping down would be best. If only they would vacate that one win in 2003.

As long as the big money is there, the cheaters will often win.
Who is Boeheim? Originally Posted by pyramider
in the language of cuse it means basketball
Him stepping down would be best. If only they would vacate that one win in 2003.

As long as the big money is there, the cheaters will often win. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap

As a Syracuse hater I don't want him to step down. I am scared what would happen if they ever actually got a good coach in there.