Name Dropping

Folks, please refrain from dropping someone's handle unless you have contacted them in advance.

Friday night someone used me as a reference. I hadn't been in contact with this individual for quite some time (over a year). I then spent the better part of two hours making calls and convincing the gal the gent was ok. And due to some technical difficulties, the matter almost cost yours truly the opportunity to see the lady.

I'm not pissed off; But I'm not happy either.

So please make sure you've contacted the person you're using as a reference BEFORE you use them.

And ladies, please contact me if someone drops my handle. I can't tell you how many gents have used me as a reference and I don't know them at all.

HID
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't this been an ongoing problem?
Maybe you should add a disclaimer to your signature line. LOL
It comes and goes. Oh the tribulations of being famous! LOL

HID
HID....I never name drop you as a reference. That's because I actually WANT to see the provider I'm trying to get approval from!

MM
..........................I then spent the better part of two hours making calls and convincing the gal the gent was ok........................

HID Originally Posted by Horn^I^Dog
I'm no rocket surgeon, but for that much effort the guy owes you a beer, some beer, many beers, a lot of beer.

A long time ago on a prevous board in a previous life, I dropped another guy's name, and it went over none too well with the provider. So bad that I don't think she even contacted him.
hahahaha good one MM. anyone who uses HID is totally not going to see me. hahaha! jk
... anyone who uses HID is totally not going to see me.... Originally Posted by justjackie
Sob! Whimper! Sniffle!!!

HID
lol.. I bet you dont even remember me huh?
jackie...HID may not remember you, but I just looked at your pics and reviews and I can assure you that I would NEVER forget you!
MM
jackie...HID may not remember you, but I just looked at your pics and reviews and I can assure you that I would NEVER forget you!
MM Originally Posted by MuffinMan
Same here.
  • GMTA
  • 02-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Me three Jackie