Anyone know what's the deal with the former Motel 6 on Banksville Road?

I figured, if anyone had an answer to this question, it might be someone here... ;-)

If you remember the old Motel 6 on Banksville Road, you probably know that there was a "front building" and a "rear building" (which included the parking garage). They tore down the front building some time ago, left the rear building standing, and bricked over the connecting bridge that went between the front and rear buildings. It's been sitting in that state for a couple of years now.

However, just recently, a sign went up on the part of the property facing Banksville Road, that says "HOTEL IS OPEN - go to rear of building", or something like that. The only sign of life I've seen here, though, is that in one of the windows facing Banksville Avenue (the street behind Banksville Road...), there is a neon sign that is lit up that says "NO VACANCY". I have never seen the sign in any other state.

I've searched everywhere I can think of, and I can not find any indication of a hotel currently in this location. If it is operating again in some way, it's definitely not associated with Motel 6 any longer (in fact, the "Motel 6" sign on the building is covered over).

Does anyone out there know what (if anything) is going on here? It would be just super-convenient for me to have a cheap "no tell motel" in this location... ;-)
I drive past there a lot. I think that was torn down just last year. Other than that no idea. Been long enough that I don’t really notice it when I go down Potomac.
I'm trying to remember more exactly when that happened now... I know it was still standing two Christmases ago, but it was torn down not long after that (IIRC).

I heard they moved the whole property to the Carnegie Museum or the Heinz History Center because it is a local "historic registry" site, at least as far as the Pittsburgh-hobby is concerned. The new museum display is right next to the future site of the East Exit Motel (of Monroeville) site which is an inevitable "historic registry" site for the Pittsburgh hobby-scene too...
I heard they moved the whole property to the Carnegie Museum or the Heinz History Center because it is a local "historic registry" site, at least as far as the Pittsburgh-hobby is concerned. The new museum display is right next to the future site of the East Exit Motel (of Monroeville) site which is an inevitable "historic registry" site for the Pittsburgh hobby-scene too... Originally Posted by tolstoy
Do you think them Museum will make wax figures of Jenny/Sugar and Angle Daze
End of 2017 the back part was still open as a hotel under motel 6 stay there few times but then got closed for no fire exit haven't been down that way lately to know any update
The owners had some plans to develop that corner but have run into a toxic combination of environmental and permitting issues and development has basically been shut down. Basically, they tore the building down only to then discovere that their plans were now going to cost twice as much and take twice as long as they expected. Not sure where things stand now, but I doubt the current situation is providing any incentive to develop.
Wasn't this place called the Redwood at one time?
If it was, that's before my time in the area... I know that before it was a Motel 6, it was a Comfort Inn. Not sure if it had an existence before that.