OH MY GOD! I want to chop my head off!!!

My allergies are fucking (sorry for the language) OUT of control!!! I have heard and read all kinds of things. I can't breathe through my nose, my head feels like I was hit by a train, hell I even get a slight fever some times.

I can only take so much tylenol and otc allergy medicine. Does anyone have any other suggestions?? I have been like this for weeks now.

Common sense of course is I am not used to all the pollen, mold <~bullshit or whatever down here.

I am aware this is not a medical board but, being new to San Antonio from Amarillo and a introverted recluse this is my best bet for any advice.

Thanks!!
I have suffered with that crap since I moved here 30+ years ago and it's gotten worse the last few years. The best non prescription thing I have used is a neti pot http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus...e-11/neti-pots I always thought that it wouldn't work and was disgusting to use, but I tried it and it worked wonders!

Please don't chop that beautiful head off!!!
Sounds like you need a heavy round of steroids and an antibiotic, along with a prescription nasal spray. The sinus rinse thing works great but it won't likely get rid of any infection. I've suffered from allergies for years and years. I finally went to an allergist , took shots for 7 years and just had my last one in jan. I've had some sinus infections that took nearly 3 months to get rid of and 5 rounds of antibiotics later . There is a wonderful ENT dr up here that has saved my ass a couple of times. I used to try and go to the DR after trying everything else, not any more, I think I waited too long on my last one and it settled in way up in there. I thought they were going to have to do surgery.

Hope you feel better
Noticed myself stuffed up of late.

Just take it as being a wuss.

*BUT* if you happen to be taking a trip like I did recently, address it before an airplane flight.
I got hit HARD on the descent of the plane. Finally got to experience what a migraine feels like from the pressure difference. Clear those sinuses before getting on the plane.
Sounds like you need a heavy round of steroids and an antibiotic, along with a prescription nasal spray. The sinus rinse thing works great but it won't likely get rid of any infection. I've suffered from allergies for years and years. I finally went to an allergist , took shots for 7 years and just had my last one in jan. I've had some sinus infections that took nearly 3 months to get rid of and 5 rounds of antibiotics later . There is a wonderful ENT dr up here that has saved my ass a couple of times. I used to try and go to the DR after trying everything else, not any more, I think I waited too long on my last one and it settled in way up in there. I thought they were going to have to do surgery.

Hope you feel better Originally Posted by surfnaked
That would absolutely be the best way to go if there is an infection. I have to go that route every now and then as well when it gets really bad. Since she is using OTC medications I assumed it wasn't an infection and just the allergy stuff that seems to hit everyone here from time to time.
sorry bailey, but like darter said, I moved here from the northeast almost 30 years ago. I travel alot for work and have spent months and years away, but every time I return so do the allergies, and he's right, they seem to be getting worse every year.

as for relief: multi-system or just allergy tylenol, my doctor always tells me it's good idea to keep my immune system up (orange juice, vitamin c no more than 10,000 mg a day and stop if you turn orange)

I know not much help, but that neti pot sounds interesting. allergy testing and shots can help too.

I know since I started taking some multi-vitamins and natural alternatives, and supplements it makes a difference in how well I feel and how fast I recover

I'd say darter and surfnaked both sound pretty knowledgable about this, at least to me.

hope you feel better

ps. I definitely recommend soft tissues, I usually have boxes everywhere I'm at, all over house, several in vechicles. I like the ones with aloe.
Sorry to hear...I used to have bad allergies and found since I quit smoking cigs in 2009 have not experienced the severity of attacks I once had... I have a girlfriend who has bad sinus probs and utilized the nettie pot thing....However, she still needed the steroid and antibitoics to stave off the infection.... Hope you feel better
  • nushi
  • 09-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Follow this link for another reason to self-pleasure:

http://scicurious.wordpress.com/2008..._when_your_no/
Kittylicker is right about the Neti pot although it takes getting used to. If you go to one of the Local Sprouts stores you can find it there along with many other natural remedies. As with all things prevention is better than trying to fix it after the fact. The Neti out with a saline and zinc solution works well. A daily tablespoon of LOCAL honey helps with pollen allergies. There are also various Herb teas you can use. Most of this stuff takes longer than prescription meds to take effect so starting before allergy season is key. My first use of the Neti pot felt like I could breathe from both nostrils for the first time ever.
All of the above and try finding someone that sales their own Honey in the area. This will build your immune system to the area allergins a little at a time.
Hopefully with the changing seasons it gets better. Allergies suck, but I've never found homeopathic remedies to ever really work as well as OTC medication.
I never have alergies until Im down here and only in the spring and fall. I have been told its the Mtn Cedar blowing in out of the hill country, How true that is I dont know, I do know when the seasons change my alergies flare up big time,

I normally just take a couple of aleve and blow my nose a lot
I have been feeling bad too these last few days. Net pot only helps me when i use it then a few minutes after I am stuffed up again. Walmart has generic Zyrtec (Cetirizine) for .88 cents. Sometimes it helps me and the allergies are not so back. Hope you get better. Sounds like you need a trip to the doctor though.
Allergies always tear me up too. I get by on the behind-the counter OTC stuff that has a D in it....Sudafed D, Allegra D, etc..

With all this drizzle and unmeasurable rain we've had, ragweed and mold spores will be hitting people fairly hard. Then comes the Ashe Juniper pollen when the cool fronts start blowing in.