Sports

I am currently not much of a pro sports fan. I will go to see High School Football or Baseball anytime.

What is you reason or heritage that keeps you away or in love with the pro sports or sports in general.

Mine is that I grew up with Tom Landry with Cowboys, Bum Phillips with Oilers, Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan with Reds and so many others that it does not seem to be the same. No steroids back then or not just so out there. Maybe I was warped when I would watch wrestling with my grandfather.

Tell your story.

travelerman
  • Mokoa
  • 09-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Yep, I remember all of those. Also Sandy Kofax, Lou Brock, Orlando Capeda, Bob Gibson, Ferguson Jenkins, Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell, Tom Seaver, Cleon Jones.

For me it is auto racing. I grew up watching Mario Andretti, Al & Bobby Unser, AJ Foyt, Loyd Ruby, Johnny Rutherford, Peter Revson, Mel Kenyon, Dan Gurney, Bruce McLaren, Dennis Hulme, Richard Petty, Leroy Yarbrough, Cale Yarburough, Bobby & Donny Allison, Darrel Waltrip, Don Garlits, Don Pruhdome, Tom McKewen, Roland Leong, Konnie Kilata.

Now, those were the days!
Im trying to go to all of my kids HS games this year.
It seemed like back then players loved the game and their passion for it showed and for most, they accepted the fact that they were role models for kids and kept their crap out of the media. Now it appears to be all about the money and all the other crap is what we consistently see in the media.