Nationwide Walk for Choice this Sat 2/26 Turns Worldwide

Attention all pro-choicers (I'm assuming that includes ALL of us here!):

This Saturday, Feb. 26, there will be an event to protest the passage of congressional bill H.R. 3: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act.

Raven Geary, a pro-choice activist in Chicago, began organizing a local event to protest the bill when she first heard about it. Now, cities across the nation and even worldwide are holding events to peacefully protest a woman's right to choose.

If you're interested in showing your support this Saturday afternoon, check out the list of cities participating here.

To reproductive rights,
Lynette
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Attention all pro-choicers (I'm assuming that includes ALL of us here!):

This Saturday, Feb. 26, there will be an event to protest the passage of congressional bill H.R. 3: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act.
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
I am Pro Choice but am not for taxpayers footing the bill on abortion.

I think it hurts the cause by trying to take money from folks that are so strongly opposed to abortion.

The private sector should raise those funds IMHO.
I am Pro Choice but am not for taxpayers footing the bill on abortion.

I think it hurts the cause by trying to take money from folks that are so strongly opposed to abortion.

The private sector should raise those funds IMHO. Originally Posted by WTF
I think you better go read what this bill is actually about. Here's the wiki for a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Taxp...r_Abortion_Act

It's not about what the creative title says it be.

No Cheers On This Subject,
Mazo.
Government bills usually mean the opposite of their title. Whenever you see the world "fairness" bend over and spread your cheeks.
I would be careful about making assumptions about what people on here think about this issue.

Even many of those that think abortion is none of the government's business certainly don't celebrate killing babies.

As you might guess I won't be marching and I really don't want to get into some 200-post debate about the abortion issue. I don't think anyone's POV will change.

I'm just saying don't assume because of the nature of this board, everyone has the same view on abortion.
If ever there was a cause that did NOT need a march, this is it!

Since Roe V. Wade, abortions have increased dramatically. This isn't a cause that needs more support - about 48 million in total ! One hell of a holocaust if you ask me - even after deducting for the "life/health of a mother" exception.

I really don't want to get into some 200-post debate about the abortion issue. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Too late.

Whirlaway's already left the barn.

I think it's time for our new mods to either close the thread fast or lay down some rules on this one.

Cheers,
Mazo.
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
I think you better go read what this bill is actually about. Here's the wiki for a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Taxp...r_Abortion_Act

It's not about what the creative title says it be.

No Cheers On This Subject,
Mazo. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
Thanks for the link. You are correct, I only read the title.

Typical GOP BS.

I still am not for taxpayer funded abortions and sure as hell aren't for this bill after further review.
Whirlaway's already left the barn. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
LOL!
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
! One hell of a holocaust if you ask me - even after deducting for the "life/health of a mother" exception.
Originally Posted by Whirlaway

A holocaust? Really?

Do you have any problem with invading other countries where actual innocent folks die? Not some Petra dish cells but real live folks?

don't assume because of the nature of this board, everyone has the same view on abortion. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Ditto!!

As you might guess I won't be marching and I really don't want to get into some 200-post debate about the abortion issue. I don't think anyone's POV will change. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Agreed!!
Just as a reminder, being pro-choice does not = pro-abortion.
Just as a reminder, being pro-choice does not = pro-abortion. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
What does pro choice mean then. Forget legality. Forget morality.

Does pro-choice mean let's slap our fellow sisters on the back and say well done, good job, your body, your choice, let's meet back at this cliinic in a few months....

Do you march for that?
Does the pro-choice movement offer reward points like hotels or airlines do? What do you remeed them for? I mean are you a "Platinum" member....if you are going to advocate for this , tell us: how many babies (fetuses) have you killed?
Pro Choice - advocating a woman's right to control her own body (especially her right to an induced abortion).