So I'm on this conference call (now)...

since I'm posting on eccie you can imagine how bored I am...

Don't you hate it when the call/meeting leader introduces someone and asks them to spend "a minute or two" on their background and you look at the clock 8 minutes later and they still haven't made it to 2005?

Then when they finally get to about late 2007 (or '08), you know what's coming next because you've heard a variation of it a thousand times"...so then a partner and I decided to leave the firm and go out on our own..." then you hear a bunch of "ums" & "you knows" & "the market"

We got it! A bunch of really talented people lost their asses or had a failed venture in that time period. Timing probably did play a role. But let's move onI don't want to hear all the "ums" & "you knows"

rant/vent over
So what's the point of your post? Did you want us all to post something so you don't fall asleep?
So what's the point of your post? Did you want us all to post something so you don't fall asleep? Originally Posted by Ansley

I'm not sure exactly what the point was other than I was bored
Every Friday morning....uggggh! And they are always a 6-7am for me with the time change to the east coast.
I don't miss the Asia or Europe calls.

And more often than not if it was a US-based concern they got the worst of it.

I once consulted for a (now bankrupt) firm that had Tuesday management meetings that didn't start until 11am and sometimes went the better part of the day. For the European Operations this meant starting (+6) at 5pm. Now if the CEO could have just dragged his ass into the office a few hours earlier, our friends across the pond wouldn't have had to spend their evenings listening to his dribble
Talk about time you will NEVER get back. Shoulda gone for a coffee when they started, at least that is time well spent.
(giggle) that`s the precious time that got wasted but thank god you had internet access :-). So we can at least assist.
I adored giving my ex a bj while he was on a call....mmm memories.
I've been known to take advantage of my clients whilst they were on a conference call before......it's true

One of my clients even wrote about it in one of my TER reviews lmao!

And I'm in ATL right now, PM me if you wanna go grab a drink later!
I adored giving my ex a bj while he was on a call....mmm memories. Originally Posted by London Rayne
I've been known to take advantage of my clients whilst they were on a conference call before......it's true Originally Posted by Valerie
I've been on the receiving end of that. The more important the call, the more exquisite the BJ.
I've been on the receiving end of that. The more important the call, the more exquisite the BJ. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Aint that the truth.
So what's the point of your post? Did you want us all to post something so you don't fall asleep? Originally Posted by Ansley
It's a conference call, Ans. They have no point...they often have no point...it's part of their "charm"....

I don't miss the Asia or Europe calls.

And more often than not if it was a US-based concern they got the worst of it.

I once consulted for a (now bankrupt) firm that had Tuesday management meetings that didn't start until 11am and sometimes went the better part of the day. For the European Operations this meant starting (+6) at 5pm. Now if the CEO could have just dragged his ass into the office a few hours earlier, our friends across the pond wouldn't have had to spend their evenings listening to his dribble Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Ugh...tell me about it. Many, MANY moons ago...I got sent to Guam on what the powers that be had categorized as an "emergency" project. That meant I had to give the East Coast muckity-mucks briefing updates at the beginning & end of THEIR 9-5 workday. I don't even remember what the time difference is now... just know it was a big ole' pile of suckage... After a few days, I finally got it sorted out. Call them after "last call"...call them when I wake up....

I adored giving my ex a bj while he was on a call....mmm memories. Originally Posted by London Rayne
I've been on the receiving end of that. The more important the call, the more exquisite the BJ. Originally Posted by pjorourke
A-to-tha-men! "A thing of beauty is a joy forever!" My man, Keats, said that....
Those are yummy, so are a whole bunch of other activities after putting the speaker phone on mute