Wines?

Really interested it trying different wines and verity of champagnes but have no clue what to try, any suggestions
  • grean
  • 11-17-2017, 01:29 PM
What do you like? If you like stiff and dry, try a Merlot. If you prefer red but a bit sweeter and less dry dry a cabernet.
I think i might like more of sweet, easy to drink. ��
  • grean
  • 11-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Try a cheap bottle of barefoot red cabernet.
  • Crock
  • 11-17-2017, 03:12 PM
I think i might like more of sweet, easy to drink. �� Originally Posted by Peyton Rose
I like sweet, but not syrupy, wines.

For red, I like lambrusco. Most grocery stores will carry Riunite Lambrusco or another cheap brand. There are more expensive lambrusco wines, but don't bother.

For white, I look for a moscato that has a champagne cork/cage. It seems like the ones that have the champagne cork/cage are less syrupy than some of the other moscatos.

You can find great wines for under $10 a bottle. Price has little to do with quality in the wine world, and the high end wine industry is notoriously corrupt. Buy cheap wine until you figure out what you like, then consider working your way up to more expensive choices to see if you find the perfect wine.
For a mederately priced red blend go with

“The prisoner”

Excellent wine for abou $40.
Go by Total Wines. There are several locations. I believe they have some free guides to give away, and sometimes have tasting. Ask a sales person, they may have suggestions.
Probably the first question to ask is how much are you willing to spend on a bottle for a daily drinker? How much wine (in glasses) do you consume at one setting? And what’s the most you’d pay for a once a week or every two week “special” bottle?

If you can answer those questions, people can give you some reasonable guidance.
Wallyworld has Franzia for $11 a box.
Start with a moscato or riesling. All around DFW, local wine bars have "tastings" like 6 wines for 2 ounce pours for $15, (I went to one this weekend) You get an idea what you like after you been on several of these. Also Total Wine is a great resource on wines as well. Feel free to PM me if you want to try a tasting.
Head to grapevine and try a wine flight at one of the local establishments. You can sample different blends and see what you like/dislike.
Riesling is sweet and easy to drink
  • hal53
  • 11-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Let me take you over to sixty vines. Great variety
  • MRMR
  • 11-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Sixty Vines is a great place.

Also go by a Trader Joes or a Total Wine on the Weekend as both do Wine tastings in the afternoon.
TJ also has their label wines at very reasonable prices. Once you zero in on one (Red/White, Cab, Pinot, Merlot, Blend/ Pinot Grigio,ChardonnaySemillion ect..) Try their Reserve or Platinium if available. Great wine at the Price.

BTW, Ask for a Wine Manager at TJ or ask an Associate at Total to help. Both places have great Employees.

Cabs, Pinot Nior and Blends are my go to.
I really enjoy Silver Oak and Wren Hop's 2012 Pinot Noir