Sexual Harassment

I've always said, "All men are pigs... except for me of course". I'm definitely not trying to trivialize the situation but are women on here really surprised by all the news? I'm waiting for all the other dominos to topple over. For some reason I think the lovely ladies on here are a bit "tolerant" and probably have lots of stories that support the claims of all the victims in the news.

KD
Providers, in their RL are just as subject to sexual harassment as non-providers.

imo, providers in the hobby world are also potential targets for harassers.
  • Crock
  • 12-23-2017, 09:53 AM
For some reason I think the lovely ladies on here are a bit "tolerant" and probably have lots of stories that support the claims of all the victims in the news. Originally Posted by WTOilMan
I bet they have plenty of stories.

But it's not about tolerance, it's about consent.

It's simply not harassment if someone has made it clear that they welcome it. The ladies here are here for a specific reason, which implies a certain degree of consent (it's NOT harassment to ask a lady here if she wants to suck your dick). When you TCB and meet a lady, consent has already been given to do whatever you arranged to do.

The problem in the real world, is that you don't have that implicit or explicit consent in most situations. The waitress hasn't consented to being touched. The clerk hasn't consented to crude innuendos.

And in the hobby world, don't forget that consent can be withdrawn at any time. No means no. (Unless you've clearly contracted to use some other safe word, but if you're into that, you probably already know about BDSM contracts.)
Not a provider, but I’m extremely surprised by how widespread very overt harrasment is. Groping, outright propositions, quid pro quos or threats of adverse action predicated in sex, etc. I would have thought that hostile environment and thoughtless comments would be widespread, but not such outright and obvious harrasment.
I'm actually pretty appalled at how easy it is to have your life upended by a sexual assault/harassment/misconduct accusation. With all the outrage, folks aren't actually taking it all that seriously.

I'm fortunate to not have had any bad experiences in the biz. But there is a lot of potential for it.
Well, I wrote that simply because my wife and I were talking about it the other night and she said something like, "You've never been anything like that." I said truthfully, nope. But after I started thinking about it, hell I've always tried to bias the situation to my sexual desire. I've never groped a woman that didn't know my exact intention and there were always giggles and encouragement. But ya know we the penis carriers may not be the ones to judge ourselves.