Truth in Advertising

Perusing ads and saw this. Struck me as pretty funny. Thought I’d post it. Under details:

“Ethnicity - Native American
Nationality -Honduran”

Just gotta laugh.
Well…she is native to one of the Americas. So, I guess technically correct lol?
Ah, in case you don't know, there is a North American continent, a South American continent and Central America joining them. Anyone who's ancestry goes back to the first settlers of any of those areas are sometimes call Native Americans. Though many of us prefer indigenous people as we predate Europeans renaming our lands.
^^^ agreed...

I had a friend from Chile. He said something about being an "American" and I started to correct him. He looked at me real strange and said 'someone from South America is American"... he didn't think twice and had always thought of himself as an 'American'.

Someone native to the American Continents is a 'Native American'

A'Man
  • Busty
  • 10-19-2023, 12:49 AM
I want to get a T-shirt that has> high class- white trash on it.
It's a level above poor white trash.
One's man's trash is another man's treasure
I’m speechless …
Stolen from wiki

In Canada, native people refer to themselves as First Nations, First Peoples, or Aboriginal. In Mexico, Central America, and South America,the direct translation for Indian can have negative connotations. As a result, they prefer the Spanish word indígena (Indigenous), comunidad (community), and pueblo (people).

I think she used "Native American" to help US - Americans (Non-natives) from being confused.
One's man's trash is another man's treasure Originally Posted by Busty
Probably should be made with sequins...
I think the Natives that live in Canada have the best term: "First Nations"
  • BLM69
  • 10-21-2023, 09:17 PM
One's man's trash is another man's treasure Originally Posted by Busty
I can spot white trash with my eyes closed, no matter how hard they pretend, it always surfaces. It's more like one man's trash, is another man's trash now 😂