New to all this

I'm a single dad and haven't been on a date in years, and I'm About to explode. I think I need to start enjoying myself every now and then. My worries are mostly about catching something or getting busted. How do you pick a safe outlet where you can not only be somewhat anonymous but also sure your not going to bring hep c back to your kids?

Sorry everyone I know i sound like an idiot and tend to worry a lot but I need to feel like a man again.
As far as anonymity goes, I'll let the guys and gals who use P411 discuss the virtues (if they exist) of that platform. I never used it; I was always able to find someone I was happy to see who didn't require it.

I never worried about getting busted. I almost never saw someone who did not have a review posted somewhere or had had an ad running with the same email or phone number for a long enough time that I figured she was legit.

I probably never gave STDs the consideration they deserved, except back in the days of the late '90s AIDS scare. For the most part, the women would provide that consideration. Whether or not she insists on a condom, if you are concerned about STDs, you should. Bring your ow, just in case.
TL;DR: Research and condoms.