To wear or not to wear? That's the question.

I posted somewhere that I always put a little cologne on before I head up to see a lady. I had a few different ladies PM me and say that I should ask before I do this. I thought as long as someone doesn't take a bath in it, and it smells great that you ladies would welcome it. So my question is who doesn't mind if a gentleman wears cologne? Who prefers we don't wear any? Is there a particular brand that you notice may give you allergies? OR Perhaps a personal favorite? I am interested in hearing what you ladies like/dislike. Is there a scent that drives you up the wall?
I personally don't care for any artificial scent on a man. I love a clean, fresh, human smell on his skin and in his mouth. I like to put my nose near his cheek and inhale the scent of his exhalation.

I have a strong sense of smell and also appreciate what the undetectable pheremones do to my body. (A straight woman needs to have the male scent in her nose for one night per week to stay healthy (round it to 8 hours); a lesbian needs her lover's scent (female) for three nights to equal the same benefits.

I may as well add that I don't like a mouth that has recently (or is still!) chewing gum, gargled, etc. etc. Plus those tingling sensations are not very pleasurable on my clit. These are my personal likes. I realize I am sensitive since some ladies even enjoy an Altoids in a man's mouth during oral.

In a nutshell: Genuinely CLEAN, not masked.
I like to leave the intoxicating scent off expresso on my breath for the lady to enjoy.
Thank you Honey Rose for your response. The genuinely clean part is never a problem for me. This thread is still young so there might be more people who weigh in. I thought there would be quite a few ladies who like cologne when it is used sparingly.

The mouth wash part is another I did not take into consideration. I usually have a small travel bottle in my car and always use it right before I go up to meet. Are there other ladies who prefer we don't use mouth wash or chew gum before a session?
  • YSD
  • 07-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I actually like to wear a littel cologne---my signature. And I love girls who wear cologne as well. Fresh and natural is okay but when tastefully applied, cologne drives me wild!!!
I like it when she wears perfume. I'm not into a lady wearing cologne though. Jericho99 you are on your own there. LOL!
I also prefer fresh and clean to cologne -- primarily because I just don't like the way most of it smells, and it's so easy to put on too much. Also, there's a large portion that makes me sneeze.

Same goes for ladies' perfumes/heavily scented lotions, which is one reason I avoid them on myself. There's also the concern that the scent will transfer to the gentleman, and I do prefer to try to avoid being the cause of divorce.

I have no preferences as far as mouthwash/toothpaste/etc., as long as you aren't trying to kiss me and chew gum at the same time. Just... no. Ick.
Well I might have to change my stance on fragrance. That's two against and no ladies for it.
There are times I feel like perfume - usually Obsession or Lucky No.6 - but only if I know the fellas preference or marital status. *ahem* Like Carrie, I would prefer not to be the cause of a divorce.

Although I do enjoy cologne on a man, I tend to dislike tasting it. My nipple fetish tends to result in my tongue curling from licking cologne that was spashed on his chest - and sometimes, testicles. Yeahhh... You may want to rethink cologne on the scrotum if you'd like the "boys" to have some equal time.

Fresh breath is important to me, so doesn't matter to me if you use mouthwash. Please discard gum or mints prior to knocking on my door, though, and expect to be kissed! *mwah*
Yeah, one of my Favorite things.......

Walking into the Men's department at like, Dillard's or Macy's....

And just Breath in all the Beautiful smells from the Mens Cologne section!!

OMGoooooooooodness!!! Ooooooooooh! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!! Maaaaaaan O Maaaaaaan!

That is some Serious Good Lovin!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE The smell of a freshly showered man....Just dressed....wearing YUMMY smelling cologne.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrr!! MeeeeeOoow!! Hubba Hubba!! Ahh-ooo-gah!!

I mean, it's alright I guess. ;D

~Kelly TNT
I prefer the fresh smell of soap or body wash. It really turns me on.
  • YSD
  • 07-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks Kelly---you have confirmed my affirmative on the cologne makes good sense thing. I love to dress for a woman and topping it with a reasonable splash of expensive and sexy cologne does in fact pay off.
Hell Yeah it does!!

For THIS Girl any way!!

Kisses to your Good Smellin Businesses!!
Muuuuaaaah!!

~Kelly TNT
Kelly all this time I thought you liked me because I was handsome. When you always hug me you're just trying to satisfy your cologne fetish. I didn't know it was because you liked my cologne. LOL!
Mmmmnnnn....I love cologne, but just as you gentlemen don't like for us ladies to bathe in it, same goes for ya'll.

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE fragrance for men is "The One" by Dolce & Gabbana!!

OMG, I get wettttt just thinking about the smell! LOLzzz

Another ATF that never gets old is "Aqua Di Gio" by Georgio Armani....