Valentines Day...Love, Love, Love OR Bah Humbug?

I started to write something about a past Valentines day in response to another thread, but I didn't think it was right to ruin the mood of his thread, so I will say it here.

Without being politically correct, what do you think of V-Day?

On my 5th anniversery, I did the 14 days of Valentines (like 12 days of Christmas, but bigger). I gave a new and better gift starting on Feb 1st. starting with flowers, lingerie, chocolates AND ending with diamonds.

5 years later, she'll be getting nothin from that broke D**SH*T she's stuck with now.

And maybe that's the moral, treat everyday like a love story. Don't hype it up one day a year and act like it matters.
So for me, it's Baa Humbug. Am I the only one?
I don't know who said it. It sounds like a Jack Handy quote, but it works.

"I think back, and remember when I first learned about love... Before that, I had never even thought of killing myself."
I'm grateful to be romanced more than once a year on a silly holiday.
Woohoo! For every story out there there is always a one-up. I get to spend this v-day alone again and this time without a job.
Love, Love, Love. I love Valenitines Day.
I like the idea of it for sure. Have had some great ones in the past and eternally optimistic for the future
  • selot
  • 01-29-2010, 09:45 PM
I guess I am just a hopeless romantic, but I have always liked Valentine's Day... making the lady(ies) in my life feel really special on that day... although it usually gets celebrated on a day other than actual Valentine's day.
February 14th is just another day. If you truly love and care for a person. That person happens truly means something to you, then everyday is St. Valentines Day. Then agian if you bought them a box of chocolates everyday following tradition; diabetes could very well be within their future.
I love Valentine's Day. I love to show those who are special in my life how much I care about them. It is also a reminder that is only 5 days until my birthday every year for everyone else
Over priced flowers, and so forth. Damn, it's the one time a year that I am really happy to be single.
I like BJ's answer. Straight to the "."
since my divorce in '04 me and some of my friends, mostly women, have an annual anti-valentines day party at the clubhouse. Every year more of my friends attend. It started with just three of us and has grown alot since that first year. BTW, this party is usually the first time any of my friends have ever been inside a strip club before so bonus....
It's just another day
Having been alone for four years now it means very little to me to the point I am with Hotlips and others in that it is just another day now. When I was married, it meant a lot more.