So, Who Watched the Mayweather/McGregor Fight?

As it turned out, this turned out to be a very good Boxing Match.

I put this on the Political Forum mainly because of the asinine comments made by so many about the over riding racist tone to the fight.

First, Conor McGregor is not an American. He is An Irish Citizen.so he could care less about the constant racist crap being spoon fed to Americans on a daily basis.

What McGregor, and the World got a real life lesson in the difference between Boxing and Fighting.

As tough as McGregor is, by the 8th round, he was finished. Heck, going into the 9th, he was so tired he was showing little defence, and little punching power left.

He was flat out punch drunk at the end of the 9th and through the 10th. Mayweather hurt him with two hard left hooks, and he was out on his feet.

Mayweather played McGregor perfect. Don't get hurt in the early rounds, and start hitting him when he was tired.

Mayweather might be a first class jerk out of the ring, but he showed why he is one of the greatest Boxers ever.

McGregor is only 29, he might make a great Pro Boxer yet. He now knows the difference between Boxing, and Fighting.
i watched it. i was curious about it. McGregor did a lot better than many expected, including Floyd.

Floyd let McGregor box himself out then took over. McGregor was gassed out, the ref did the right thing by calling a TKO. McGregor wouldn't have lasted the 10th round.

you could see him getting tired in the 9th round, even without the extra physical demands of MMA involved.

McGregor has some options. retire should be one of them lol .. 30 Mil he gets? look at the guy's ears .. classic boxer ears. maybe he should get them bobbed? bahhaaa

at 29 that's still old for a boxer even without the years in the ring. and there are the MMA fights he had too. he could quit and take the cash, go back to MMA for another title defense or try boxing. he did well enough overall that he'd have some backing there.

Mayweather fought more aggressive than usual, probably because he needed to counter McGregor coming out aggressive and it was his last fight or so he says.

put Floyd on the watch list for being broke in under 5 years. he's already got cash flow problems and owes up to 21 m in taxes for 2015 when he fought pacman.

assuming he uses some of his cash to pay off the IRS, and pays up for 2017, how much cash does this guy have left?

not enough to live like he does. it wouldn't surprise me to see Floyd selling off all those mansions and cars while McGregor is fat and happy in Dublin.
As it turned out, this turned out to be a very good Boxing Match.

I put this on the Political Forum mainly because of the asinine comments made by so many about the over riding racist tone to the fight. Originally Posted by Jackie S
With 100 bucks for watching it on PPV i skipped it, but i did read the after action reports on Fox, BBC and a few other sites.. And it seems Mcgreggor held his own in the first 3 rounds..

I wonder, if those two did a re-match, would the result be different?
With 100 bucks for watching it on PPV i skipped it, but i did read the after action reports on Fox, BBC and a few other sites.. And it seems Mcgreggor held his own in the first 3 rounds..

I wonder, if those two did a re-match, would the result be different? Originally Posted by garhkal
Weird thing though, the whole fight was streamed live on the internet -- for free. Don't know who did it, but I watched. Wacko's synopsis is pretty accurate. McGregor did do well for the first three rounds. But it was a boxing match, not MMA, and Mayweather prevailed.

• WTF
  • 08-27-2017, 04:32 PM

I wonder, if those two did a re-match, would the result be different? Originally Posted by garhkal
If they did a rematch Mayweather would knock him out whenever he felt like it.

He toyed with him. Once Floyd realized he really had no power punch at all , he could advance and land punches at will.

You have realize that Floy had nothing to go by so he was cautious until he figured out he had nothing.

I didn't think it was that good a fight from a boxing standpoint.

Entertainment wise...not bad.

All the big money bet Mayweather.

He toyed with him. Once Floyd realized he really had no power punch at all , he could advance and land punches at will.

You have realize that Floy had nothing to go by so he was cautious until he figured out he had nothing.

. Originally Posted by WTF

After the fight, Mayweather looked unscathed. Heck, he didn't even look tired or out of breath.

I thing McGregor did a ok job of boxing for possibly 6 rounds. Mayweather then sized him up for a couple, and unloaded. Personally, I wish the Ref would have let Mayweather put him on the canvas.

People have been saying for years that Boxing was a sport, and MMA was fighting. Well, we had two of the best square off in the Boxing Format, and the results speak for themselves.

Of course, if a Boxer such as Mayweather decided to go head to head in the MMA Format, the outcome just might be as predictable with the MMA expert coming out ahead.

The day before, Heavy Weight Champ Larry Holmes was on a discussion panel, and he called it perfect. He had a funny quip on his statement. He said every fighter goes into the ring with a game plan, which usually goes out the window when a big punch catches you in the nose and you can't remember where you are.

After the fight, Mayweather looked unscathed. Heck, he didn't even look tired or out of breath.

I thing McGregor did a ok job of boxing for possibly 6 rounds. Mayweather then sized him up for a couple, and unloaded. Personally, I wish the Ref would have let Mayweather put him on the canvas.

People have been saying for years that Boxing was a sport, and MMA was fighting. Well, we had two of the best square off in the Boxing Format, and the results speak for themselves.

Of course, if a Boxer such as Mayweather decided to go head to head in the MMA Format, the outcome just might be as predictable with the MMA expert coming out ahead.

The day before, Heavy Weight Champ Larry Holmes was on a discussion panel, and he called it perfect. He had a funny quip on his statement. He said, in a joking manner, that every fighter goes into the ring with a game plan, which usually goes out the window when a big punch catches you in the nose and you can't remember who or where you are.
Maybe the next fight should be in the octagon. I suspect the outcome would be different. I had no interest in this charade. Which is what it was. As Barnum said. " Nobody ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of the American public." It was a big payday for both. Good for them. Remember this fiasco:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QS79C1XEqBc

So you bet McGregor!
I was impressed he lasted as long as he did. I was not rooting for either one but I am curious if they will fight again under MMA rules and see whether the outcome is the same. I have not seen anything racial about it though. I have quite a few friends that are upset about it but I have no idea why really. I do not see why anyone would compare the two sports though. There are too many differences in my opinion. It would be like having a Football team play a Soccer team. Which rules would you go by?
I saw it

McGregor was not in boxing shape

holding your hands up and maintaining a boxing stance for 12 rounds is extremely tiring and McGregor couldn't do that

additionally McGregor is awkward as a boxer, a stiff jab with a proper stance would have gone a long way in helping him especially if he was in boxing shape

I don't think mayweather hurt him with a punch but the next one could have as McGregor, having tired, couldn't protect himself

I had the feeling he (the ref) was looking to stop it as quickly as he could and, as many people do, had a bias he was attempting to disguise

the prefight, middle of the ring, final instructions were targeted at McGregor and the ref looked at McGregor alone, except a brief moment at the end when it seemed he knew he had to look at mayweather at least a little

the rope-a-dope technique mayweather used included turning his back, as a few punches back there only helped to tire McGregor and some went to the back of the head, which wasn't all McGregor's fault as I think mayweather turned when he wanted to turn to create the MMA mistake and get McGregor flustered when the referee reacted

all-in-all it was a rope-a-dope of the public, including me
  • WTF
  • 08-28-2017, 12:48 PM

. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Exactly....but they were in the boxing ring. He did not stand a chance and Floyd would not stand a chance in the MMA ring.

Did anybody see Jordon play baseball?

Steph Curry shot 8 over par for two rounds of pro golf and everybody said he didn't embarrass himself kinda like they say about Conner but that projects out to 16 over par for the tourney. The winner shot 18 under....a 34 stroke difference.

There is no way Conner can beat even a journeyman boxer. Floyd played with him like a cat does a mouse.
  • WTF
  • 08-28-2017, 12:58 PM
So you bet McGregor! Originally Posted by bambino
No, I bet Stanford over Rice.

I was afraid that damn fight might have been rigged.

I knew if it wasn't rigged, the MMA fighter did not stand a chance.

Steph Curry shot 8 over par for two rounds of pro golf and everybody said he didn't embarrass himself kinda like they say about Conner but that projects out to 16 over par for the tourney. The winner shot 18 under....a 34 stroke difference.
Originally Posted by WTF
is that a pro tournament or that celebrity thing at edgewood? or a pro-am in California maybe?
  • WTF
  • 08-28-2017, 01:24 PM
is that a pro tournament or that celebrity thing at edgewood? or a pro-am in California maybe? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I've been to the one on Tahoe....bunch of celebs. Fun tournament. Go if you get a chance.

The one Curry played in was a Web.Com tournament. Those guys are good but not nearly as good as the tour guys and they waxed Curry.

I'd fight Mayweather for 100 million and have about as much chance as Conner did, which was zero.

For example , As good as bambino is getting his cornhole fisted , he wouldn't stand a chance against the Pro's!