mozilla

I downloaded mozilla 4.0 optimized for yahoo and it makes it tougher for me to browse and post pics

when I click on bookmarks and go down to the site I want, right click to open in a new window the new window opens up but there is nothing so I have to choose the bookmark again and I open in a new tab which works better.

when I have for ex; villagephotos after I sign in the back arrow isn't in bold so I can't go back one page so its like there is no previous page but the original window there's no problem on this.

when I copy a pic url to post I paste it but then there's another review of the same provider and I want to post that same pic so I go control-v but that doesn't work so I have to copy the url again

and I don't like that orange bar up there and it look like I have 2 cascading windows

there is also no home button so I have to type in eccie.com

does anyone know how I can change this or recommend another browser to use?
I downloaded mozilla 4.0 optimized for yahoo and it makes it tougher for me to browse and post pics

when I click on bookmarks and go down to the site I want, right click to open in a new window the new window opens up but there is nothing so I have to choose the bookmark again and I open in a new tab which works better.

when I have for ex; villagephotos after I sign in the back arrow isn't in bold so I can't go back one page so its like there is no previous page but the original window there's no problem on this.

when I copy a pic url to post I paste it but then there's another review of the same provider and I want to post that same pic so I go control-v but that doesn't work so I have to copy the url again Originally Posted by geniusman
I have no info on this problem. I do not copy many pictures.

and I don't like that orange bar up there and it look like I have 2 cascading windows

there is also no home button so I have to type in eccie.com Originally Posted by geniusman
My background is blue, but I do not use Yahoo (I use AOL). I often have the same problem with the “no home button,” but I use the navigation bar to exit a thread back to the main forum. Usually I can type just the first or key letter of the forum's title, e.g. “G” for “General” or “T” for “Diamonds and Tuxedos” and the proper web address will appear. Then I just hit enter, and I am connected. The only time I cannot see the "Home" button, is when I have not signed into ECCIE. As soon as I sign in, the whole top menu line appears and is ready for use. Hope this info helped.

does anyone know how I can change this or recommend another browser to use? Originally Posted by geniusman
I was considering changing also. There was a thread about Goggle Chrome a few days a go. But most suggested staying away from Google because, heretofore, they have had a poor track record when it comes to personal information.
Thanks for the report Genius. I've been meaning to look into that but have been too lazy. I guess I'll wait for the next version.
I'm using Chrome all the time now. Works great. As far as personal info, they have very little beyond IP's and history. Every service provider and browser company has it too.
I'm not a fan of Mozilla 4.0 either, although it is a good bit faster. My home button is on the far right of the screen. Haven't played with it much.

The prior version of Mozilla was much easier to use!
  • Mokoa
  • 04-16-2011, 12:39 PM
I am using Firefox Version 3.5.16 and I am quite happy with it. It is way too early to be going to Version 4.

They do not call it bleeding edge for nothing.
I hated the new layout. Once I changes the look back to ver 3, all was well.

http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&p=36453

when I click on bookmarks and go down to the site I want, right click to open in a new window the new window opens up but there is nothing so I have to choose the bookmark again and I open in a new tab which works better. Originally Posted by geniusman
i use regular mozilla firefox 4.0 and dont have the same "bookmark > right mouse > open in new window" problem you reported. i just did that sequence of actions and the new window opened w/ the website.

when I have for ex; villagephotos after I sign in the back arrow isn't in bold so I can't go back one page so its like there is no previous page but the original window there's no problem on this. Originally Posted by geniusman
i dont remember new windows keeping the history of the page they were spawned from. when i just opened the new window as described above, there is no "back" history.

when I copy a pic url to post I paste it but then there's another review of the same provider and I want to post that same pic so I go control-v but that doesn't work so I have to copy the url again. Originally Posted by geniusman
unless you copied something since the original copying of the URL, i dont know why firefox would lose that clipboard item. i just went to a webpage, copied the url and pasted to a text editor. i then went to two new pages, then went back to the text editor, pasted and the URL was pasted.

and I don't like that orange bar up there and it look like I have 2 cascading windows.
does anyone know how I can change this or recommend another browser to use? Originally Posted by geniusman
see the link that amatuer gyn posted.

when I copy a pic url to post I paste it but then there's another review of the same provider and I want to post that same pic so I go control-v but that doesn't work so I have to copy the url again

I don't have any of those problems anymore. It took a while for it to wise up to me. LOL