Have you had to bail out for solicitation?

One of those things you hope you never have to do, but with zero criminal record and no arrests or rides in a police car to downtown, I had to read up on the process of bailing out or being released on your own recognizance. I'm curious what Tarrant or Dallas county bail amounts are, typically, if one were picked up in a sting op. Does it differ for the provider vs the customer?
good question... I hope someone chimes in.
You guys might get a better response from the legal forum to your question.

And James - you really need a shorter handle. It must be a bear logging in. And since I believe a password should typically be at least 1 1/2 times as long as the userid, geez.
I'm interested too. I keep enough cash around the place to bail me out from a DWI, even though I don't drink and drive any more. And my son knows how to get it in an emergency. But I still want to hear how others have handled this.
Check out the "A Question of Legality" forum on the home page.

ShysterJon has several good threads and replies to similar questions; plus the stickies offer excellent advice and information.

tryna......

One hell of an avatar!

K.
In Dallas it's $500.
I was lucky. The one and only time I was busted was so long ago they only gave you a ticket. And that was being caught mid-coitus.
If you do get arrested for a class B misdemeanor, I know if you have cash or credit card you can get out before having to "go through the system" which is approx 8 hrs after someone posts bail. Basically, you can post your own bail inside. If you don't have enough money or a credit card, you'll be there for awhile.
I was lucky. The one and only time I was busted was so long ago they only gave you a ticket. And that was being caught mid-coitus. Originally Posted by Texas_Seeker
i'll bite.
where were you when you were caught mid-coitus?
"Location: Mid-Cities, TX"??

in the dfw area or elsewhere?
in an amp, at her incall, in a car in an alley, in a VIP room of a local gentlement's club, at your place??
curious minds [ok, just my mind] want to know.
$500 is the standard amount to bail out on a Class B misdemeanor in DFW (plain-vanilla prostitution, including solicitation, is a Class B misdemeanor in Texas). The amount would be the same whether you are a fucker or fuckee. Of course, the amount of bail may be different depending on the practice of a particular city's municipal court and whether the arrested person has prior or pending cases.

An arrested person can be released in the following ways:

1. by posting cash bail yourself
2. by another person posting cash bail
3. by using a credit card to post bail (in some jails)
4. by hiring a bail bondsman
5. by hiring a lawyer to post a bond
6. by being released on your own recognizance (ROR)
7. by running really fast in handcuffs

It would be unusual for a judge to allow ROR in a prostitution case. I'm skeptical that a typical john would want a bail hearing anyway, since drawing attention to the case is probably the last thing the suspect wants. ROR for a provider? Good luck with that! Haha.

My advice to a hobbyist is to have a trustworthy hobby buddy who would post bail if the shit hits the fan. When cash is posted as bail, the money is refunded once the case is over, minus a small fee retained by the county (for example, $50 in Dallas County).

Why use a hobby buddy and not keep $500 cash or a credit card with you when you hobby? Because it exposes you to theft -- monetary and identity -- by your female companion, dumbass!

A hobbyist who uses a bail bondsman can expect to pay AT LEAST a $50 premium to post the bond. The premium is non-refundable.

A provider who uses a bail bondsman might be asked to pay a $500 premium for the bondsman to post a $500 bond OR EVEN MORE. I'm not kidding. Bail bondsman are the scum of the earth and will take advantage of a person's misfortune.

In Texas, lawyers can write bonds, but no ethical lawyer will write a bond for his own client because to do so could present a conflict of interest if the client fails to come to court. In such a case, the lawyer may want his own client arrested so the lawyer isn't obligated on the bond. Wanting your own client arrested may hinder the attorney-client relationship. Haha. But it does make it easier to get ahold of your client because you know where he or she is.