privacy...safety

just a reminder to all of us hobbiests...we should not be giving out providers phone numbers to other hobbiests if their number is not published...play safe...scoot
Thanks for the reminder, Scooter. I'm glad you brought it up because that's one of my major pet peeves, actually.

I don't want anyone to have my number unless I've decided to give it to them myself...not just hobbyists, but other providers, as well.
I don't care, my hobby phone is my neighbor's land line. It gets interesting over there.
Remind me never to let you make any emergency calls at my house.
I recently had a provider off another states page ask for reference phone numbers. I refused and told her to send a pm. I explained that the numbers in question were given to me in confidence. Not sure she ever grasped my point.
I recently had a provider off another states page ask for reference phone numbers. I refused and told her to send a pm. I explained that the numbers in question were given to me in confidence. Not sure she ever grasped my point. Originally Posted by Rangerman2
A lot of the young ones do not have a clue, they just want it quick and easy, seems like most of them are trying to conduct their business on a smart phone and do not own a computer, so whatever is easiest...

Also, when working with a visiting provider, and you give her names, be sure you specify which board...I recently found out the hard way that one of my references has another provider with the same name on another board, but they are nothing alike, one is TS! OMG!
I recently found out the hard way that one of my references has another provider with the same name on another board, but they are nothing alike, one is TS! Originally Posted by giteneny
Which one? (just curious)