Honest question for everyone....

Idk if anyone remembers the "Summer Lovin Drawing" that Amelia and I had last summer....It started 6/20/2013. We had both taken a name out of a bowl and drawn 2 total. The name that Amelia drew, the gentleman had moved out of town. So she decided to go ahead and draw another name. She let him know that he had won a prize. Excited, he let her know that he would be contacting her soon.
Fast forward... It has now been 10 months now... and now this weekend he just got back trying to claim his prize.

I am not sure where... but I know that Amelia had posted that our winners needed to get back to us. My winner claimed his prize. She had never heard from him.

Now even though it has been this long, Amelia has agreed to honor her part of the prize. However I believe that it has been too long. And although I have agreed to give him a GREATLY discounted doubles rate, He now feels that he is being "robbed" out of his prize.

I dont want to be unfair... that is not my intention. In fact, this drawing was for fun, and for a chance to make new friends.

So what do you all think about this situation??
*Side note*

By seeing us for a session you were automatically entered into the drawing.... we notified some people that they were entered. But not all, I don't even think he knew he had been entered....

And to be clear... Amelia is still offering her side of the prize....
If you did not state how long he had to claim his prize then what's the problem?
If you did not state how long he had to claim his prize then what's the problem? Originally Posted by Hiker78
Thats just it... I am pretty sure at some point he was told....

Why should I HAVE to give him something from LAST year....?
Excited, he let her know that he would be contacting her soon. Originally Posted by dakota123
Since you stated that he told Amelia the above I would think that he meant the next time he were to contact you ladies it would be to set up an appointment... Did you put "prize (session) must take place before so and so date." Dakota123?
I don't know how he was able to wait for so long to claim his prize. Had I been the lucky winner, I would have probably redeemed my prize within the same day I was notified!
You can be known for doing what you say you will or you can be known for not doing what you say you will. Now that you made it public I hope you think about your next decision very carefully.
Not unfair at all. He was notified, he could've said "hey, it could be awhile..." out of courtesy to you and Amelia.
Since you stated that he told Amelia the above I would think that he meant the next time he were to contact you ladies it would be to set up an appointment... Did you put "prize (session) must take place before so and so date." Dakota123? Originally Posted by XOXO Karla
I honestly dont remember.... LOL

Its been a YEAR almost....

I know that somewhere Amelia had posted a thread saying that the winners need to claim their prize... idk where....
Whoa!! Your guy claimed his prize why are you worried about who Amelia is or is not gonna bang?
If he was told a time frame then he missed out. But if not and the other lady is honoring the prize it does seem you are backing out. That's just with not all the details. I mean you were going to give him a free doubles at some point anyway so why not honor it? Free last year is the same as this year. It's not like he is trying to get a second freebie just the one he won.

My suggestion to him is that if the other provider is honoring the drawing just take that.
You can be known for doing what you say you will or you can be known for not doing what you say you will. Now that you made it public I hope you think about your next decision very carefully. Originally Posted by Hiker78
This was AMELIA's Winner... NOT mine.... Amelia is still honoring her end of the drawing....

He was notified about claiming.....

I keep my word on everything... but something that was FREE to enter....

He DID NOT even know that he had won.... LOL
Whoa!! Your guy claimed his prize why are you worried about who Amelia is or is not gonna bang? Originally Posted by Hiker78
Confused was the prize yall doing doubles together?
Whoa!! Your guy claimed his prize why are you worried about who Amelia is or is not gonna bang? Originally Posted by Hiker78
Because ONE of the offered prizes was a double for a ridiculous rate....

He had the choice of
1. a FREE 30 min session with Amelia....
2. an Hour with Amelia for $100
3. a double for $250
If he was told a time frame then he missed out. But if not and the other lady is honoring the prize it does seem you are backing out. That's just with not all the details. I mean you were going to give him a free doubles at some point anyway so why not honor it? Free last year is the same as this year. It's not like he is trying to get a second freebie just the one he won.

My suggestion to him is that if the other provider is honoring the drawing just take that. Originally Posted by Chuck12
This was NOT a free Doubles Session.....

and believe me... IF he had PAID for the entry into the contest.... I would have no problem honoring the prize....