divorce sucks

So does it ever get better? the one Great Love of my life gone... is there any hope for the future? Is paying someone to pretend to be interested in me all there is? Sorry to whine - just so hopeless right now. can't stand the idea of being alone the rest of my life. praying somebody can tell me it actually does get better.
It doesn't get better, it gets different. The one Great Love in your life should BE your life. Live it.
With all due respect..you need to pick up yourself, dust yourself off, and move on.
Is paying someone to pretend to be interested in you all there is? It beats paying an ex wife and her attorney to bleed you dry doesn't it? This way you get screwed and get laid at the same time...instead of just getting screwed.
To coin a phrase from the movie 'City Slickers' you now have the chance at a 'do over'. You could easily lose your future if you drown in your past.
Best of luck guy...J

So does it ever get better? the one Great Love of my life gone... is there any hope for the future? Is paying someone to pretend to be interested in me all there is? Sorry to whine - just so hopeless right now. can't stand the idea of being alone the rest of my life. praying somebody can tell me it actually does get better. Originally Posted by TomServo
does it get better than it was when you were with the love of your life?
NO
does it get better than it is right now?
YES
been there,done that.
it does suck,but find another lady(or ladies)on here or elsewhere and it will get better.
don't look back too often, it does you no good.
There are other women who can make you feel loved and who will want your love.
Even though it may seem right now you could never feel the same way about a woman as she made you feel, you have to believe you can find her and move on.
Trust me, looking back does no good. There are so many good women out there longing to share their love with a man.
Oh Davvveee!!!! That's sooo romantic! I agree with you completely, Dave! :-)
My divorce was about 5 years ago and best thing my mother gave me was a cartoon out of the new yorker mag, 2 guys sitting at a bar, "to really get to know someone, divorce them"

My bottom line is, at least I did not go to my grave with her

I am 61 and there is soooo much young stuff out there, currently seeing the girl in my avatar, 37yo. I have a buddy in Tulsa, that has 2 21yo's screwing him
Muah To Samantha!

Oh Davvveee!!!! That's sooo romantic! I agree with you completely, Dave! :-) Originally Posted by samantha thom
A grief counselor told me once that without real grieving there can be no real recovery. She was right. It took a while but i righted the ship and things are swell. (Except i missed connecting with Samantha one time). Some really cool girls are available here to provide a kind of sexual healing. Have something to look forward to every day besides work. Get yourself a therapist or two.
Muah To Samantha! Originally Posted by planojim
I love it when people have good positive outlook on love and relationship. I love romance and it's so cool that a guy (daveindallas) said that. :-)
PlanoJim....Muah to you too!!! Remember, I'm only a few blocks away. :-)

--> Jim and Samantha
Sorry to heard that babe I hope you find someone soon don't be sad
there, currently seeing the girl in my avatar, 37yo. Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Phone number and rates???
  • aka
  • 03-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Get over it, dude. There is nothing more pathetic than unconditional love that is not reciprocated. Don't sell yourself short - she aint worth it. Get over it - the sooner the better. Live your life.

The hobby is just a hobby. If you find true love in it, congrats! Invite us to the wedding. Otherwise move on to the next.
It seems that she divorced you. Oh, well. Better to learn about her true feelings now rather than later.

Decide what you want and go for it. I think a while here with these ladies has nothing to do with the dynamic of the real world - but it sure is fun!
Yep it sucks, was married 23yrs and we got divorce six months ago and now she realizes she made a mistake and now wants to get back together. The reason why I hobbie was there there was no passion or sex in our marriage. So we are taking it slow, am I going to stop, hell no. Once I see that there is true passion and Love then yes I will hang it up for good. So there is hope for you, she might come back or just go out and find a new lady to be in your life. And yes she knows that I see the ladies.
Then the eternal question: When the lady calls you after time passes, do you ignore her, or tell her to GFY? Be prepared for it.

It takes time to be able to feel love again with a new lady - until then there are plenty of civvies - who are NOT looking for a long-term relationship to mess around with too.