Tim Scott has entered the game

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tim-sco...ident-in-2024/

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a real candidate on the field.
"I see a future where common sense has rebuilt common ground," Scott said in a speech in February at Drake University in Des Moines, according to the Des Moines Register. "Where we've created real unity, not by compromising away our conservatism, but by winning converts. Where our movement can once again carry 49 states and the popular vote." Originally Posted by Tim Scott
I want to know which state he left out, but I'm on board.

I hope it's Florida
News flash, nobody gives a shit.
I do. And that's enough for me
... Problem is - when the going gets tough, and the
"racial" insults surely come his way from the Dems
- he'll roll right over and become another Michael Steele.

#### Salty
I do. And that's enough for me Originally Posted by HDGristle
Unfortunately for Scott, that doesn’t mean shit either. He has zero chance to win the Republican nomination.
As long as he's on a ballot, he has a chance
As long as he's on a ballot, he has a chance Originally Posted by HDGristle
If you say so.
"I see a future where common sense has rebuilt common ground," Scott said in a speech in February at Drake University in Des Moines, according to the Des Moines Register. "Where we've created real unity, not by compromising away our conservatism, but by winning converts. Where our movement can once again carry 49 states and the popular vote."

I want to know which state he left out, but I'm on board.

I hope it's Florida Originally Posted by HDGristle
LOL Florida would be my bet. It's become a sanctuary for nut jobs who are devoid of common sense.

I'm gonna have to look into this guy some more. Maybe he's a Republican Presidential candidate that I can actually vote for. I consider Biden to be mediocre, so if they give me a strong candidate who doesn't pander to the hateful like Turd and DeSantis do, they have a good chance of getting my vote.
... Problem is - when the going gets tough, and the
"racial" insults surely come his way from the Dems
- he'll roll right over and become another Michael Steele.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
What kind of "racial insults?"
Tim Scott is a solid success story and a reasonable conservative. His race isn't important. He doesn't use race as a weapon. He's generally honest. He's been a great Senator for his district. He knows the levers of government. His voting record on conservative principles is solid and he knows how to work across the aisle.

He's personable while still maintaining strong convictions. He cares about the country. He's a fiscal conservative. He doesn't engage in silly stunts.

The consistency and poise he would bring to the office would help take a lot of the unnecessary drama out of the system.

I don't agree with every policy stance, but he's a man's man and a good leader. We'd be lucky to have him as president.

He isn't the kind of guy that will self-sabotage at every opportunity. And he's not afraid of the long odds.
Tim Scott is a solid success story and a reasonable conservative. His race isn't important. He doesn't use race as a weapon. He's generally honest. He's been a great Senator for his district. He knows the levers of government. His voting record on conservative principles is solid and he knows how to work across the aisle.

He's personable while still maintaining strong convictions. He cares about the country. He's a fiscal conservative. He doesn't engage in silly stunts.

The consistency and poise he would bring to the office would help take a lot of the unnecessary drama out of the system.

I don't agree with every policy stance, but he's a man's man and a good leader. We'd be lucky to have him as president.

He isn't the kind of guy that will self-sabotage at every opportunity. And he's not afraid of the long odds. Originally Posted by HDGristle
Sounds like the type of candidate that the GOP would do well to back. I'm a registered dem, so I have no say in their primary. I'll wait to see if he wins the nomination, and if he does, I'll do a deep dive and give him my consideration.

I think this election will be a test to see how much power Cult 45 still has.
I’d hate to see what bad looks like if Biden is mediocre.
I'll wait to see if he wins the nomination, and if he does, I'll do a deep dive and give him my consideration. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
That's all one can really ask for. Very reasonable.
Sounds like the type of candidate that the GOP would do well to back. I'm a registered dem, so I have no say in their primary. I'll wait to see if he wins the nomination, and if he does, I'll do a deep dive and give him my consideration.
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
Oh please. Who are you trying to kid. You have NEVER voted for a GOP candidate for President. And given your refusal to answer, likely have never voted for any GOP candidate for federal office

Your word's are meaningless