California State Air Force

One of their planes crashed ....

Budget problems? Or merely inadequate training?

Budget problems? Or merely inadequate training? Originally Posted by LexusLover
It isn't a German plane. When I first saw it, I thought it was a Dauntless Dive-Bomber, but when I looked it up it's a North American SNJ-5. Why would they paint those markings on an American trainer?

Douglas SBD Dauntless Dive Bomber
Or was it one of these?

IB,
The SNJ was the Navy version. Could be the Army version T6. Anyway a good portion of these training aircraft were painted Japanese or German back then and used in dogfight training.
.... painted .... German back then .... Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Confiscated for the California State Air Force and no paint needed!
Confiscated for the California State Air Force and no paint needed! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Actually agree.
Cailfs fire fighting aircraft are totally inadequate/insufficient/etc. They're always screaming for help every year. As if other places are gonna strip all their gear for folks that fail to budget for the same issue every year.
Amusing I get to rag on Calif on this board about one of my RW long running rants.
All they have to do is buy a few of the Viking (formerly Bombardier) 415s and actually set up a full operations base, as everyone else does (Spain, Greece, France, etc.), instead of hiring contractors or crying to the USDA Forest Service.
California is a screwed up state, but the weather out here is very nice.
California is a screwed up state, but the weather out here is very nice. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Except that global warming only exists in California.

Perhaps if Governor Moon Beam would shut his pie hole the problem would go away.

Budget problems? Or merely inadequate training? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Harrison Ford at it again?
Maybe the Scientologist.
Which one?
Which one? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yeah, which one?
I'd bet none would be on a fireline though, where the guys are actually praying to God to keep their asses safe.
The one who flies, and has his private jet liner parked by his house.

BTW: This aircraft could pass as a tandem-two seater Focke Wulf. The nose seems a bit open for one, but it could be the angle and perspective. Some of these relics were modified for various reasons....spare parts issues.

This is about the best shot I've found in a similar position ...

Which one? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
All 3 of them. or 5 if you count that fat cunt Kirstie Alley twice.

BAHAHHAAA

The one who flies, and has his private jet liner parked by his house.

BTW: This aircraft could pass as a tandem-two seater Fok Wulf. The nose seems a bit open for one, but it could be the angle and perspective. Some of these relics were modified for various reasons....spare parts issues. Originally Posted by LexusLover

it does look a lot like a FW 190.

the reason the plane has German insignia is because it was part of a Cali based WWII aircraft group similar to the "Confederate Air Force".

..... the reason the plane has German insignia is because it was part of a Cali based WWII aircraft group similar to the "Confederate Air Force". Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
..... long, humorous story about the "Confederate Air Force" and the "oversight" pilots objecting to "women" flying them, because it "desecrated" the seats with "female ass" ....

... history reflects that most of the U.S. aircraft were ferried from the factory by females ... so they already "soiled" the "seat"!