ErosCams

OK, I understand that the operators here get their site income from click-through ads. However, why is it that this new site is the only banner that will not minimize when I click on the arrow. When they get the six inch banner going in some of the forums/threads, it's REALLY REALLY annoying. Why can I not minimize it like every other banner?
cn,

They probably increased their payment to management.

I noticed this yesterday and was just about to start a thread regarding it. Now, thanks to you I can join the dog pile.

c.a.
cn,

They probably increased their payment to management.

I noticed this yesterday and was just about to start a thread regarding it. Now, thanks to you I can join the dog pile.

c.a.
Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist
I had the same banner and it was covering items up. I had to log out to get it to stop.
Somebody take a screenshot,
  • LNK
  • 06-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Ok now somebody explain to me what we are looking at here. 6 inches long? Covering up other items?
  • LNK
  • 06-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I've not seen the 6 inch thing, (ha-ha, yes, very funny, no need to comment), but you see that the ErosCams ad has not collapsed like the others did, even though I clicked on the arrow in the title bar to collapse it.

I assume if the ad is wider, (like 6 inches), it will cover content in the middle of the page, since it is left-justified on the left side of the page. (It's the opposite on the right side of the page.)

Is that making some sense?
Pop-up Blocker? I'm not getting the effect you describe nor in the past.
Not getting it either, nope nothing, you need to turn on your popup blocker
  • LNK
  • 06-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Pop-up Blocker? I'm not getting the effect you describe nor in the past. Originally Posted by Sandsailor
Do you mean you can get the ad to minimize? Or that you don't see it at all?
there is a problem with the formating for the drop down, they just need to fix the html,
i get the ad but not the banner.
  • LNK
  • 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
I've never (on the sidebar) seen an ErosCams ad larger than the one shown in the screen clip myself, but I could see having a regular wide banner ad causing a problem in that position.

And maybe the screen clip I posted is not representing the same problem that chefnerd is talking about in the OP.
Ok now somebody explain to me what we are looking at here. 6 inches long? Covering up other items? Originally Posted by St. C
Chris, the image switches every time you reload the page. Eventually a long vertical banner appears.

I think that what the other members are mostly complaining about is thàt they have lost the ability to click on the arrow (of the ad box) to minimize it.

JJ
ECCIE
SA STAFF
You mean y'all don't click on it to see some chick eventually diddle herself while you read the threads? I must be the only one making the new owner clickthru money

I think the symptom that is being described is what software engineers call a feature, not a design flaw or bug.