Is the Adolphus hobby friendly?

• aka
  • 07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Groupon Getaways has it currently for 79 bucks.
All hotels are hobby friendly as long as you aren't walking around with your vagina hanging out. That always raises eyebrows. If you are a hobbyist, don't go walking around the hotel lobby/bar/restaurant with a woman who has an exposed vagina, either. Oh, and leave your "I Love Hotels 'N' Hookers" T-shirt at home because the hotel staff might not have the same affinity for the sex trade that you do. As long as you do that, you'll be fine. $79 is a heck of a deal!

I love Groupon!
All hotels are hobby friendly as long as you aren't walking around with your vagina hanging out. That always raises eyebrows. If you are a hobbyist, don't go walking around the hotel lobby/bar/restaurant with a woman who has an exposed vagina, either. Oh, and leave your "I Love Hotels 'N' Hookers" T-shirt at home because the hotel staff might not have the same affinity for the sex trade that you do. As long as you do that, you'll be fine. $79 is a heck of a deal!

I love Groupon! Originally Posted by Dannie

Dannie is not only beautiful, she is wise as well. Definitely good advice.
This information is probably a little out of date, but my late father said he was in Dallas, staying at the Adolphus Hotel, back in the 1930's. One of the most beautiful ladies he had ever seen knocked on his door and asked if he would like some company. The Adolphus was definitely "hobby friendly". Even in the 1930's Dallas was known as having some of the finest "working girls" in the country.
Just don't set up a date during the Adolphus Children's Christmas Parade...poor taste.
Actually, everyone would be so busy they wouldn't pay much attention to the two (or 3) of you.

Geez, Dannie...are those your legs? (Gulp)
yes it is
I have stayed there a few times and never had a problem. Just fyi valet is their only parking and it's not cheap so make sure you have the extra $$. Very beautiful hotel.
Oooh it is a nice hotel! I just clicked the link... what a good deal! Only 5 days left... if I actually had some use for that coupon I might use it, considering I've heard GREAT things about it but unfortunately I've never been
The 79 deal is sold out. If you actually try to buy one it says "300 sold" and that's the limit.

I don't know if it's just me but that happens a lot with Groupon. I'll find something I want and click buy and I get "Well we are sold out of those at 79, would you like this one at 99 instead?"

Not sure if that's just my luck or how the scam works, but I seem to get it a lot.
I love the adolphus..one of the gems of dallas when it comes to hotels....right up there with the mansion on turtle creek.
  • Oppa
  • 07-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Good point on valet only but I think they charge it to your room and bill you at the end of your stay. It's like $20+ per day but you can take the vehicle in and out.

IMO one of the best hotels in Dallas. In the summer months it would be nice if they had a rooftop pool though.
  • aka
  • 07-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Just fyi valet is their only parking and it's not cheap so make sure you have the extra $$. Originally Posted by sexykim2008
Thanks for point that out. No problem with tipping the valet, but I dislike having to validate the valet ticket at the front desk like one hotel in the Galleria area. They haven't asked any questions yet but I would rather be in and out.
Thanks for point that out. No problem with tipping the valet, but I dislike having to validate the valet ticket at the front desk like one hotel in the Galleria area. They haven't asked any questions yet but I would rather be in and out. Originally Posted by aka
HATE the valet shit...I know which hotel you're talking about.
"How was your stay, sir?" (Fucking awesome, man!)
"Can I get you anything else, sir?" (Some more dancing girls?)
"Please come back and see us again!" (I will...an hour at a time...)
  • aka
  • 07-21-2011, 11:10 AM
HATE the valet shit...I know which hotel you're talking about. Originally Posted by Prolongus
I'm hoping that with the tips I have been giving the valet, he will buy a stamp to validate it himself for me.