Dishonorable discharges for refusing vaccine?

The US military has been put in the position of ordering all military personnel to get one of the vaccines for Covid. The Navy, my former service, is going first probably because of deployment time tables and availability. They have given personnel 90 days to get the shot or face discharge. To put the cherry on the sundae, they are talking about giving each discharged member a dishonorable discharge. An act usually reserved for convictions of criminal charges, treason, spying, and a long history of substandard performance.
Added to the 2022 Defense Authorization Act is an amendment sponsored by army veteran Rep. Mark Green (R) of Tennessee that prohibits a dishonorable discharge for service personnel being discharged for refusing to be vaccinated. The White House opposes this amendment meaning that Biden supports dishonorable discharges for military personnel refusing, for whatever reason, the vaccine. No exemption of already having covid and possessing the antibodies, no religious exemption, no against doctor's advice exemption...no exemptions at all.
As a former sailor I know that ships leaving on a deployment become petri dishes of viruses upon leaving port. Everyone gets sick. We generally call it the "crud". Rarely did anyone get removed from duty status or sent to sick bay. We soldiered on if I can borrow an army phrase.
Once Biden ordered mandates for vaccinations this became a political item. The White House has tried to scare Americans into getting the shot. Military people are strange in that we can face death or disfigurement at any time. The first wave on Omaha beach was told that they would have a 80% casualty rate. Fire breaks out on a ship and there is no where to run away to. Six months ago you were a high school senior, today you're a trained fire fighter rushing towards the danger. The idea of contracting a virus with a 99% survival rate is less than scary. What is scary is a president who seems to be out of control or worse, has no idea what he is doing. It's one thing to order someone into a war but quite something else to order someone to enter into their body a fairly unknown vaccine. The side affects for many other shots were explained and accepted but they don't do that with Covid. Why? Medical advice is out the window now. The mandate makes it political and the military is supposed to be beyond political. General Milley may have forgotten that but the rank and file still honors that ideal.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...-vaccines.html
I agree 100%!

However a soldiers or sailors body is not theirs while active. In the gulf Marines had no choice but to take ALL the shots/vaccs the military were injecting into personnel.

I had no choice!
Now that's what I'm talking about. Good thread. By the way, what does G.I. stand for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCqQ_pUz-58

Remember those Saturday mornings?
I agree 100%!

However a soldiers or sailors body is not theirs while active. In the gulf Marines had no choice but to take ALL the shots/vaccs the military were injecting into personnel.

I had no choice! Originally Posted by winn dixie

You?

I don’t recall the military asking me for my permission when giving out shots. And I got several. The life of a soldier is not to question but to do. The whole arguing over vaccines is stupid and just political bullshit. The command says you get the Covid vax you get the Covid vax.

General Issue
Sorry, that’s not how it works.
Experimental Vaccine that's really not a vaccine its a drug therapy Hmm what could go wrong , forcing medical treatment. I agree when your in your body is there's but NOT for medical experiments

More just comply or else
The military cannot issue an unlawful order; like take this radioactive isotope in your bare hands and take it over there. Meaning your going to get radiation poisoning and die. However, in an extreme circumstance, that order could become lawful. Another example; everyone run across that open field full of mines for training purposes, half of you will die or be injured but we'll see what you're made of. Now in war, that order is lawful.
I can't see the circumstance where ordering someone to put something in their body without the facts to back up the decision is lawful.
Now that's what I'm talking about. Good thread. By the way, what does G.I. stand for?

[snip]

Remember those Saturday mornings?
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Government Issue

The military cannot issue an unlawful order; like take this radioactive isotope in your bare hands and take it over there. Meaning your going to get radiation poisoning and die. However, in an extreme circumstance, that order could become lawful. Another example; everyone run across that open field full of mines for training purposes, half of you will die or be injured but we'll see what you're made of. Now in war, that order is lawful.
I can't see the circumstance where ordering someone to put something in their body without the facts to back up the decision is lawful. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
The UCMJ is different. But I shouldn't have to tell a proud veteran that.

You have to accept the facts. There is plenty of evidence vaccines work. Dishonorable discharge if you disobey.

Experimental Vaccine that's really not a vaccine its a drug therapy Hmm what could go wrong , forcing medical treatment. I agree when your in your body is there's but NOT for medical experiments

More just comply or else Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Government Issue Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
So what's the problem with taking the vaccine? You are government issued. Compliance is intrinsic.

By the way,

I knew that.
  • oeb11
  • 09-25-2021, 02:29 PM
95 does love his marxist revolutionary and his brainwashing indoctrination into marxist fallacy!
Viva Che' - 95 - a homoerotic fantasy with its' long hot hard cigars.

so why is 95 playing in a heterosexual forum????
I think it means General Issue as that’s what’s stamped on pre WW2 items. Likely means both though.
And as I stated. The military didn’t ask my permission to give me several vaccines. And Pfizer’s vaccine is fully authorized.
And as I stated. The military didn’t ask my permission to give me several vaccines. And Pfizer’s vaccine is fully authorized. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
No it’s not. It’s still under EUA status. You lie a lot.
Sorry, that’s not how it works. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Tell him how it works, he obviously doesn’t have a clue.