The Dallas Cowboys and NFL 2022 Season

I used to see threads about the Cowboys last year. What happened? Nobody cares anymore? Are the guys that use to post still around? The threads I saw had more participation than any other.

Not limiting this to the Cowboys.

I believe I heard the Bills were pre-season favorites to win the Superbowl. Going by last Thursday's game, I would heartily endorse that prediction.

The Cowboys have a difficult schedule for the first 5-6 games. They may start out 2-4, and if that pans out, I'll give up on them. College Football is more interesting, at least among the top 20-30 Schools.

Tonight? If the Cowboys lose by 10 or fewer points, I'll be surprised.
After last night pitiful performance and Prescott out for as many as 8 weeks, it's going to be another shitty year for the Cowboys.

Nobody wants to talk about the Cowboys anymore because there is nothing to talk about.

Every year since 1996 is the same old shit.
Looking forward to seeing what Sean Payton can do with this team in 2023.
The bovine bois lose!!! Such a sweet sound coming from Jerry's cowsheep.
Bad offensive Line, a #2 receiver that the team wants to be a #1 receiver in CD Lamb , no backup QB, and most importantly an owner that the fan base doesn’t hold accountable because no matter what they are still gonna watch and go to the games. That’s a recipe for disaster, Despite that the NFC east is the worst division in football and 8 or 9 wins will win the division so the cowboys are not dead but on life support.
I thought when Gallup was back, we might be in a bit better situation. The Oline was always my concern.. Ive been saying for a couple of years now we need to blow it up and rebuild it.. maybe keep one or two pieces.. but it needs a revamp. Dak looked like dogshit last night. As much as I want to like him, and blame the oline.. there were throws that were 100% on him. Him being out doesnt help us tho. Unless we are willing to trade for someone like possibly Jimmy G... yeah this is going to be a rough season already. I have 0 faith in Rush... I hope he proves me wrong.. but right now, 0 trust.
Looking forward to seeing what Sean Payton can do with this team in 2023. Originally Posted by TinMan

As a die hard Saints fan that just broke my heart lol 2 things I am not over yet... Drew Brees and Sean Peyton being gone lol
Bad offensive Line, a #2 receiver that the team wants to be a #1 receiver in CD Lamb , no backup QB, and most importantly an owner that the fan base doesn’t hold accountable because no matter what they are still gonna watch and go to the games. That’s a recipe for disaster, Despite that the NFC east is the worst division in football and 8 or 9 wins will win the division so the cowboys are not dead but on life support. Originally Posted by DathBane1986
I agree with everything you said except for "the fan base doesn't hold the owner accountable" the majority of the fans can't stand Jerry's constant meddling and fucking up the team over the past 27 years. But we love our Boys. I for 1 refuse to pay to go to games now because the ticket prices are too damn high but i wouldn't pass up a chance to go see Dak, Parsons, Diggs, Lawrence, Zeke and all the others play in person if it wasn't for that.

I also think that Jerry's gonna be cursed and the team will never come close to winning another championship as ling as he's alive if he doesn't do the right thingband acknowledge Jimmy Johnsom and put him in the ring of honor. He can keep giving it all the lip service and trying to downplay it all he wants but Jimmy was the reason behind the success of this team in the 90's and nothing Jerry has done since it's been all in his hands has even come close. It's sad too because he has wasted the grwat careers of so many talented players without even coming close to getting back to the top. I used to believe my Boys could get back to the top in spite of Jerry, but now i'm starting to believe they'll never get there unless Jerry is gone and frankly i see it only getting worse if Stephen takes over because we'll only lose talent then because he won't spend to keep it
I thought when Gallup was back, we might be in a bit better situation. The Oline was always my concern.. Ive been saying for a couple of years now we need to blow it up and rebuild it.. maybe keep one or two pieces.. but it needs a revamp. Dak looked like dogshit last night. As much as I want to like him, and blame the oline.. there were throws that were 100% on him. Him being out doesnt help us tho. Unless we are willing to trade for someone like possibly Jimmy G... yeah this is going to be a rough season already. I have 0 faith in Rush... I hope he proves me wrong.. but right now, 0 trust. Originally Posted by RickyG2002

Dak made 4 bad throws last night (the int was a good throw just a horrible decision to throw it).

He is a franchise QB, but he refuses to use all his best traits. He's playing with the mindset of having a long career by sitting in the pocket and rather than seeing what the defense is giving him and getting out of the pocket quicker and taking off or buying more time to throw. And his idiot of an 0C and head coach aren't helping him out when they know his line can't block a pee wee team and the only receiver he has that can beat 1 on 1 coverage is Lamb but he's now getting double covered because he's the number 1 receiver instead of the number 2 that he should be. Management traded the bonafide number 1 receiver and didn't get shit for him to help their QB.

And after what i saw from Pollard in pass protection during last nights game, they may as well take him out of the backfield and put him in thd slot as a receiver or decoy and keep zeke on the field in obvious passing situations

And we don't want Jimmy G unless we can trade our backup QB Rush for him. But then too, i thought the coacoaches would see that Will Grier was the better option at backup than Rush but that just goes to show they don't know what their best options are either
Yeah Pollard was always ass at pass protection. That didnt help Dak at all last night. Zeke has always been the better pass blocker for Dak.

I know we dont want Jimmy G due to what we may have to give up, but Rush aint it.. I thought Grier had done enough to earn the backup spot, but I dont know if he is ready to lead this team. As long as that oline plays like Swiss cheese, this team is going to struggle. The only bright spot was our D led by Parsons.

Im still on the Dak bandwagon.. I know he can be good. He was having an amazing season before his horrible injury.. and he was having a decent season last year before the injury... and I think he was just in his own head after that and was not the same.
Sean Payton is under contract thru 2024 so signing before the contract expires the other team will have to give up draft picks or players or both to get him out of that Saints contract.

Jerry wants Payton and Payton will demand a Parcells type agreement where he gets control over the players they sign and keep. Not input but control. Without Parcells running the team for those few years Witten and Romo would have never been Cowboys.

Dak seemed to be moving slow in the pocket so his ankle was bothering him. Earlier in the week blamed it on his new cleats LOL.

Cowboys have some young players who they will have to pay big money to keep....Parsons, Diggs, Lamb, Kearse, Pollard.....they have to clear cap room which prevents them from signing FA this year next year.

My Local Bookie had money piling in on the Cowboys at +2.5 that his line moved to even money at KO and he was still taking bets several minutes after the game started from bettors who thought the Cowboys would kick ass on Brady.
LMFAO Dak a franchise QB? Now that statement is down right hilarious. Dallas is in the most cupcake division of the NFL. Yes they win the division but always lose in the first round and all of the Jerry kool-aid drinking fans say way until next year. Time to face the facts that Dallas has not been relevant since the Jimmy Johnson days. But alas as long as you have those kool-aid drinking die hard fans I will continue to pad my bankroll.
LMFAO Dak a franchise QB? Now that statement is down right hilarious. Dallas is in the most cupcake division of the NFL. Yes they win the division but always lose in the first round and all of the Jerry kool-aid drinking fans say way until next year. Time to face the facts that Dallas has not been relevant since the Jimmy Johnson days. But alas as long as you have those kool-aid drinking die hard fans I will continue to pad my bankroll. Originally Posted by golferguy55
Historically the Cowboys loose the big game but cover the line. I always avoid betting Week 1 as it's almost a Preseason Game now.

Bengals and Packers will be much better than they looked Sunday.

Opening line is Dallas -2 against the Bengals this week. Dallas without Kearse and Dak.......yeah no way Cowboys cover. Betting big on the Bengals and if I loose my hobby allowance for the month will be shot to hell.
  • BLM69
  • 09-13-2022, 05:44 PM
LMFAO Dak a franchise QB? Now that statement is down right hilarious. Dallas is in the most cupcake division of the NFL. Yes they win the division but always lose in the first round and all of the Jerry kool-aid drinking fans say way until next year. Time to face the facts that Dallas has not been relevant since the Jimmy Johnson days. But alas as long as you have those kool-aid drinking die hard fans I will continue to pad my bankroll. Originally Posted by golferguy55
Dallas isn't doing anything against a real team, game one proved that
Nice win in week two, but I think it is still a year-long struggle. The Eagles will take the Division. And I'd like to see Dak take his time coming back. He is not a Franchise QB, he is only paid like one.

Monday's game will tell a lot. If the Cowboys can't beat the Giants by 10+, they are still Losers.