Dirt Bikes :-)

Is there anywhere I can get a dirt bike for (a tall) 9-year-old that costs less than $1000 (closer to $700 would be even better)?

All the ones from Target/Walmart/Sams Club seem too small, but once I step up to dealerships, they bump about to $2,000 plus for youth dirt bikes :-(

Does anyone have any recommendations?
I suggest a used one (several if he plans on competing) for a beginner, can get some great deals & it won't hurt as much (at least your pocketbook) when he has his first wipeout.
Also strongly recommend additional health/accidental insurance.
Good luck to both of you, my son was into motocross up until age 14 when he broke his collarbone & I saw some terrible mishaps.
Go top of the line for the safety gear.
Full face helmet
Gloves (with outside spines)
Roost (chest protector)
Unless you buy used, your price range limits you to the Chinese clones (which might not be a bad route if you are unsure about him sticking with the sport). Also think about transporting the bike to/from wherever it is that he will be riding it.
What Bowser just said: Get a cheap knockoff to see how he likes it. If he sticks with it and seems like his skill level warrants it, go buy a proper one.
Go top of the line for the safety gear.
Full face helmet
Gloves (with outside spines)
Roost (chest protector) Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
+ goggles, and proper boots
Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I was able to find a decent one for $700.

I'll see how much interest/time he actually puts into it before getting something more expensive.