Just a suggestion / proposal

I kindly, humbly, and respectfully ask that a new national forum be created for political discussions and make the sandbox a politics-free zone.

The haters have shit all over the sandbox and the fun and informative items are buried underneath it all.

I kindly ask your consideration on this matter. Of course, if I don't get what I want I will , get , and start a blog about how terrible you all are.
I second this suggestion.
How about we just make ECCIE a politics free zone. This is a hobby board.
Well, politicking may help the hobby turn legal, so there may SOME benefit. I know, I'm living in a fantasy land.
I kindly, humbly, and respectfully ask that a new national forum be created for political discussions and make the sandbox a politics-fee zone.

The haters have shit all over the sandbox and the fun and informative items are buried underneath it all.

I kindly ask your consideration on this matter. Of course, if I don't get what I want I will , get , and start a blog about how terrible you all are. Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
Good subject that deserves some discussion and consideration. Let's please keep any comments posted on this subject only.

The Colonel
I suppose if you don't want to read a political thread, you don't have to...but it is a subject all its own. Why not give it it's own forum? Is there a bandwidth limit on the number of Forums?
  • oden
  • 05-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I like the idea of a political forum to let the Sandbox be the Sandbox and not be taken over by political trolls like the ones that ruined the old Diamonds and Tuxedos on ASPD.
". . . make the sandbox a politics-fee zone."

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire

I think we already have one of these zones in DC, and in Austin, probably in Baton Rouge, and 48 other so-called seats of government.

You pay the fee, and you get the government you pay for.
"Politics" and "fee" should be isolated, but always become entwined under the influence of those (you guessed it) who can pay the "fee." Simple as 1., 2., 3. For example.

1. Want to buy a house?
2. Want to sell a house?
3. Want to sell a mortgage to 1 so he can buy the house from 2?
4. Want to create a worthless tradeable piece of paper to sell to wall street and through wall street to the dumbass speculators trying to make a quick million?

Go to your local (or national ) capitol, the "politics-fee zone" and engage the capitol system with your capital ideas and mostly with your capital. Enter the PACs.

The "politics-fee" system (aka Political Action Committees, PACs) wrote and persuaded Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Nancy P., and how many others in Congress (our notorious national politics-fee zone) to pass legislation easing qualification criteria for those wanting loans from Freddie MAC and Fannie MAE. What insider prompted the forward thinking action to enable the dream of home ownership to become the reality for almost every American family?
It wasn't Bush 43, although he did nothing to stop the national economy as it steamrolled toward disaster.
It was Clinton, the one with hard-on and the possum like grin emerging from a side-room closet after eating a piece of pizza and a momentary tryst with Monica who got some of it on her blue dress.

Who benefited from the 'politics-system'?

1. Those elected officials in charge of the govt committees and sub-committees who were to oversee the work of F-MAC and F-MAE; these benefited to the tune of untold millions of dollars of PAC money which went through the campaign coffers into who knows whose pockets.

2. The mortgage processers whose income was directly tied to how many such mortgages they could push through the system and get approval for the home purchase. There are dnumerous authenticated reports in the public domain of processors who asked about the marginal loans being extended, and who raised red flags against the loans being granted to people who had NO JOB, NO INCOME, or Assets (NINJA buyers). In 2006 you could 'buy' a house by qualifying for a loan in which you paid only the INTEREST on the loan. You owed for a mortgage, but paid only the intertest. If you walk away, your credit is ruined., etc.

3. The bankers who packaged large numbers of these so-called mortgages into financial products called 'derivatives', sort of like a commodity mutual fund, except ALL the value of the product is fictional, based on the credit worthiness of NINJA people, those applying for a loan despite having No Income No Job, and no Assets.

No wonder the 'bubble' burst in 2007 and 2008.

It was the product of the Washington bureaucracy waltzing to the hog-trough hand in hand with those who paid the fee.

WASHINGTON, the best (or worst) goverment money can buy.

For those who say this is hateful: Yes, I agree. I hate it that we got screwed again, without lube, and not even a "thank you, very much." And still the PAC beat goes on, with the Politics-Fee system operating much the same.

What happened to the current POTUS who promised the most transparent government America or the world has ever known? In his first four years he failed to even present a budget to Congress, one of his constitutionally mandated duties -- and the government operated on four years of "continuing resolutions" -- Talk about a failure in leadership.

But if you cannot convict one man of lying to a Federal Grand Jury (a sin of commission), what chance would you have of convicting another of this sin of ommission (failing to act)?

On the other side, that other side failed to give leadership, choosing to point the finger and shake the fist, and stomp their feet and grind their teeth in political anguish . . . Their side of the "politics-fee zone" does not want to take on the real issues. It is much easier to publish hate and deal in innuendo, and work on getting reelected, than it is to work the problem.

Does anyone recall the B&W movie starring Jimmy Stewart, "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington?" Lessons to be learned. Where is our Mr. Smith?

Wish I knew what to do about it.

Anyone got any ideas?

This might be a good starting topic for the forum our illustrious friend proposed.
I will vote for it.
Hope he does not HATE on me for turning his innocent spell-check error into this rant.

To all who are dumping on me, you have a right to your anger.
I have hijacked a good thread using semantics to espouse change to the whole system, and to THIS system.
This is not hatred toward America.
It is love for America.

I hope the new forum is established and we can have a candid exchange of ideas leading to some productive change . . . and that the Sandbox can be restored to its original purpose.

Anyone Interested?

I am standing tall and with arms spread open widely (defenses completely down),
inviting one and all to 'Hit me if you see an open spot.'
But you will only get one shot. So, use it wisely.

Mods, If you feel you must punish me, I will accept your findings without complaint.

But out of fairness, I wonder why I have received no responses (public or private) to the several private messages to more than one Mod about other private issues and questions. It was not like this back in the days of ASPD. Just saying . . . Would like to hear from you on those previous PRIVATE PMs I have sent.

fiveiron, has a hard on today about Truth, Justice and the AMERICAN (or ASPD) way
I do not recall any PM from you 5iron, on any topic.
Good subject that deserves some discussion and consideration. Let's please keep any comments posted on this subject only.

The Colonel Originally Posted by Col. Zodiak
I was asking myself why he felt he must "moderate/steer" this thread so early. Five Iron proves his point.

Five iron, I do not even know what all that was. I guess you have had some issues with others here. I don't know you.

I was just asking for a separate political forum for those who want to talk politics. Many of us just can't stand politics when we are going to our happy place. I think to create a separate forum for that and make the sandbox a politics free zone, it should make people who like both happy. I was thinking it would be a general improvement to the board as a whole.

St. Chris, I thought my terms were clear.

Seriously Five Iron and other political mongers... Why wouldn't you want a separate place if debates on politics are your thing? Can you give us any reasons why not to?
okay... sitting here waiting for an answer like a doofus..... at least until my date arrives.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Obviously the OP meant to state "politics free zone" not "politics fee zone."

I have made the appropriate edit.
Obviously the OP meant to state "politics free zone" not "politics fee zone."

I have made the appropriate edit. Originally Posted by Mokoa
Thank you.
I do not recall any PM from you 5iron, on any topic. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I deem your measured response a note of interest, and I shall reply privately.

Sincere thanks.
I was asking myself why he felt he must "moderate/steer" this thread so early. Five Iron proves his point.

Five iron, I do not even know what all that was. I guess you have had some issues with others here. I don't know you.

I was just asking for a separate political forum for those who want to talk politics. Many of us just can't stand politics when we are going to our happy place. I think to create a separate forum for that and make the sandbox a politics free zone, it should make people who like both happy. I was thinking it would be a general improvement to the board as a whole.

St. Chris, I thought my terms were clear.

Seriously Five Iron and other political mongers... Why wouldn't you want a separate place if debates on politics are your thing? Can you give us any reasons why not to? Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire

To the contrary, sir. Your idea is excellent, worthy of support, as I stated at the close of my first thread / response.

"I hope the new forum is established and we can have a candid exchange of ideas leading to some productive change . . . and that the Sandbox can be restored to its original purpose.

Anyone Interested?"

Props to you for speaking up in the first place. If I had a vote, it would be YEA!