D&T

Some come to hate.

Some come to impress.

Some come to lurk.

Some come to hide in the corner.

Some come to stir the vapors and create chaos.

I say enjoy the music. Join the rhythmic thrust. Let the love envelope you.

May the trolls spring up like a flower and wither away; like a fleeting shadow, they will not endure. Do not feed.

The sirens offer themselves. Who among you will recieve their pleasure?

We may not be Atlas. We may not be Adonis. However we can offer much.
We can give what is wanted. Share with us, tell us your tales, share with us your song.

We have all been given such a rare gift. The gift of life. The gift of thought. The most precious gift of love.

I share with you all these things because there has been so many negative thoughts and so many negative things said of late. We can get along.

Or I will kick you the hell out of here. As long as I can anyway.
Now there's a not-so-veiled threat for you. But it's purely discretionary since the boundaries are not stated. It seems these go well beyond the Guidelines.

[There is a rumor going around that freedom of thought and speech are now suppressed on the Board.]
http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5

Forum guidelines......Boundaries well stated.

Discretionary? I don't think so.

Bring the rumors forth. Out in the sun.
I share with you all these things because there has been so many negative thoughts and so many negative things said of late. We can get along.
Prior to this line, most of your post is symbolic. So it's like trying to catch a cloud.

The only place the term "negative" is used in the Guidelines is here:
#17 - "Cyber Stalking" is a term that refers to the act of following another member around online. This may include persistent PMing of the other party, repeated ISOs about the other party, or excessive bumping of reviews or posting in threads about the other individual, whether it be positive or negative information posted. In any of these cases, whether staff deems that the behavior has crossed the line into cyber-stalking, or the "stalked" party complains to staff about the alleged behavior, staff will take the necessary steps to make it stop. Please avoid becoming involved in this type of conduct.
I DO think the Guidelines are clear. What I think is unclear is how you apply them against "negative thoughts" or even "negative things said." Certainly things said are more tangible than thoughts, but I never thought of this board as being run by the thought police.

Now sometimes people take a disagreement beyond the bounds of propriety and needs to be brought into line. But a permanent ban??? Seems a little extreme to me.

Just sayin'.
You read too much into what I was saying.....
Or, you are a lawyer. I do not say I would permanent ban anyone. I am not god. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night though....
Moderators can't "ban" anyone. Admin does that. Trust me I know .
Moderators can't "ban" anyone. Admin does that. Trust me I know . Originally Posted by Naomi4u
As long as I can anyway

She's right.
Moderators can't "ban" anyone. Admin does that. Trust me I know . Originally Posted by Naomi4u
Actually, she doesn't know. As a moderator, I or any other moderator, can ban as we see fit. We do not ban for life w/o consultation.
I think one should not make pronouncements that would give others wrong info.
I'm not posting "wrong info". MA just confirmed this and you're saying otherwise so who's posting wrong info here? How about this .. I'll contact admin, ask them for clarification and will get back to you on that.
You are!
You are! Originally Posted by John Bull
Are you saying that he doesn't know what he's talking about?
Are you saying that he doesn't know what he's talking about? Originally Posted by Naomi4u
Naomi...remember that email I sent you regarding a mistake...erm...by a certain mod....lol
I say we do like "Survivor" and vote people off the island. I already got one vote.
Naomi, I'm hoping you read your PM's. Thank you!
Your question borders on the disrespectful. Please tone that down.
I say we do like "Survivor" and vote people off the island. I already got one vote. Originally Posted by SR Only
Lmao!...wait...can mods be voted off as well?(not meant towards you SR of course )