Brunch Appreciation Thread

Who here loves a good brunch? Why?

What makes them special?

What's your favorite brunch spread include?
Well, the best brunch I’ve every been to is Laurel Valley GC. It’s actually their lunch spread that they put out everyday. It’s awesome. Stone crab claws, lobster, prime rib, a complete feast of high quality. Now Laurel is a private club so you just can’t walk in.

The Grand Concourse, Lidias, and 7 Springs had good ones.
Damn, man. That brunch sounds like linner
Meh. I enjoy a nice dippy egg or a well prepared Eggs Benedict (with real hollandaise not the premade stuff) but mostly I find brunch food to be too rich and indulgent that early in the day.

I just go for the drag queens.
Eggs Benedict aren’t rich????? I do enjoy them every once and awhile. Laurel will make them for you from scratch, even the Hollandaise sauce. But most brunch places are pre made and sitting in a container. I pass on those.
As the star of particular brunch, I wouldn't find them too rich. Add in a few other delightfully decadent options and I could see how she gets there.

That's part of the beauty of a good brunch spread, though. Variety for varied tastes
I didn’t say eggs Benedict are too rich. I said I like a well prepared one but that I “mostly” find “brunch food” to be too rich and indulgent for that early in the day.

Anyway it’s subjective, no?

The drag queens are ‘chefs kiss’ though.
I didn’t say eggs Benedict are too rich. I said I like a well prepared one but that I “mostly” find “brunch food” to be too rich and indulgent for that early in the day.

Anyway it’s subjective, no?

The drag queens are ‘chefs kiss’ though. Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl
No, drag queens are off topic in this thread.
No, drag queens are off topic in this thread. Originally Posted by bambino
No, they are not. But your blind hatred for them is though.
The Speckled Egg is my current fave as far as food.

5801 puts on a great drag brunch, though.
Speckled Egg, eh? May check it out.
Speckled Egg, eh? May check it out. Originally Posted by HDGristle
It’s in the Union Trust building. I hear it’s good. I also heard Tupelo Honey in Station Square is good also. Southern Fried chicken is one of my favorites. If not brunch, definitely lunch.
We did Easter brunch at Roman Bistro in Forrest Hills this year, it was delicious. I resisted heavily because the whole concept of brunch is for gays and 90 year old ladies, but it was nice getting the peeps together without hours of prep and post meal cleaning.
We did Easter brunch at Roman Bistro in Forrest Hills this year, it was delicious. I resisted heavily because the whole concept of brunch is for gays and 90 year old ladies, but it was nice getting the peeps together without hours of prep and post meal cleaning. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I’ve driven past that place many times, was wondering if it was any good. But I did have Vincent’s pizza a few times back In the day.

I view brunches more for family gatherings. There’s usually something everyone likes. So it’s easy. I belonged to country clubs for over 30yrs. Usually went for Mothers/Fathers day, Easter and other occasions. No work involved. It’s convenient.