How to define a black hole?

This is a continuation of a dinner conversation I had recently.
If science defines all things as either a People, a Place or a Thing, then what is a black hole?
My take would be it is a place comprised of negative energy/matter.
A place of massive gravity.
A place of massive gravity. Originally Posted by pjorourke
From which nothing can emerge.

The U.S. Senate?
If science defines all things as either a People, a Place or a Thing Originally Posted by ClairJordan
I think you're a little off there.

Although still not precise, much better would be science defining all "things" as matter or energy. Which are continuously converting into each other, back and forth

With THAT as your starting point, black holes are easily understood... think DENSE MASS... very DENSE
If science defines all things as either a People, a Place or a Thing, then what is a black hole?
My take would be it is a place comprised of negative energy/matter. Originally Posted by ClairJordan
I'd rather skip dinner.....

From courtingclair.com

Hello and thank you for your interest in courting me. In me you will find an intelligent, worldly, independent woman.......... I am equal parts artist and businesswoman. I am warm, passionate and a gifted conversationalist. I love nothing more than to stimulate and seduce my lover over a good meal and a fine wine.
Although still not precise, much better would be science defining all "things" as matter or energy. Which are continuously converting into each other, back and forth

With THAT as your starting point, black holes are easily understood... think DENSE MASS... very DENSE

Thank you, Lang...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd rather skip dinner.....

From courtingclair.com

Hello and thank you for your interest in courting me. In me you will find an intelligent, worldly, independent woman.......... I am equal parts artist and businesswoman. I am warm, passionate and a gifted conversationalist. I love nothing more than to stimulate and seduce my lover over a good meal and a fine wine.

And fuck you, Altcomdey.
Recently has been an experiment in switzerland about creating a black hole. Some scientists believe IF that really had been a possibility then it would actually be pretty dangerous. See link below. They created small parts of entities being similar to black holes but not like the "real deal"

http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceands...k-hole-in.html
If I can interject here, the English language would define a noun as a person, place, thing, or idea.

According to theories, since no one has actually been to a black hole because of our proximity here on earth, black holes are both incredibly dense and have an intense gravitational pull such that even light is sucked in. Hawking is the foremost front runner expert on this topic and apparently now, also God (lol).

Oh yes. Good to see the doomsday machine AKA LRAD collider at CERN which consists of high velocity, tiny particles colliding in there. Random fact: There is a statue of the Shiva Goddess, The Destroyer, outside in front of the building. Is it time for panic sex, yet?
And fuck you, Altcomdey. Originally Posted by ClairJordan
Such class...

are you related to Charles Tudor?

are you related to Charles Tudor? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Now that was funny. lmbo

Nina: I can't wait for your arrival! Looking forward to meeting you.
Thank you, Lang...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And fuck you, Altcomdey. Originally Posted by ClairJordan
Story of my life... I get the thanks, other dude gets the fuck...
My take would be it is a place comprised of negative energy/matter. Originally Posted by ClairJordan
I thought a noun was a person, place, or thing...

P.S. make that TOO much School House Rock...
science defines all things as either a People, a Place or a Thing, Originally Posted by ClairJordan
So science defines "a Thing" as included in the class of "all things"? That seems like a pretty safe bet!

A place of massive gravity. Originally Posted by pjorourke
black holes are easily understood... think DENSE MASS... very DENSE Originally Posted by Lang Sicherung
black holes are both incredibly dense and have an intense gravitational pull such that even light is sucked in. Originally Posted by Can I Play Too???
With all due respect, these definitions seem a bit sparse to me. It is as if I were to define, say, a car as a complex mechanical device associated with transportation or, say, a brothel as something involving sex and a building.

http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/research/...c/bh_home.html

http://physics.about.com/od/astronomy/f/BlackHole.htm

and even

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

are among the places you can find a bit more complete discussions, for anyone really interested.

-Ww
I like Gryphon’s answer best, but I would expand it to Congress as a whole [pun intended]. Congress is a dark, alien place that sucks in the money and the souls of the citizens, and no one can tell what actually goes on inside.
How to define a black hole?
Actually, the question evokes in the mind a lot of smart aleck responses.