Phishing Warning on ECCIE from WebRoot

I am using Windows-10 and Windows Exp;orer with WebRoot Anti-whatever.

Today, when logging into ECCIE, the anti-virus/malware blocked the site with a warning about Phishing.

There is an "Ignore" button which is how I got on for this post. Wat is the deal hear? Is it on my end or with the site?
None of that's been reported or any issues in the past so its your anti-virus.
Okay my eccie family. So here's the deal. There have been new fcc laws in place as of yesterday. I don't say this into scaring anyone but if you do your own research word of advice go somewhere public as in library or workforce to be aware folks. Xoxoxo
I get that warning often from my Webroot as well
Okay my eccie family. So here's the deal. There have been new fcc laws in place as of yesterday. I don't say this into scaring anyone but if you do your own research word of advice go somewhere public as in library or workforce to be aware folks. Xoxoxo Originally Posted by Almost perfect
Be specific or you're just trolling.
I've been receiving the same warning from Webroot for the last few weeks and I, too, opted to override it with the hope that it's safe. Hoping ECCIE administration will chime in on this....
I had switched to Windows ten when it first came out oh my god..even Windows explorer gives that phishing scam freezes and refuses to open ..when i couldn't shut it down or anything I decided to go back to Windows seven...
It didnt make any difference what site you went to either even firefox came up with a program so you could download pictures and documents there wasnt any attach or download..it was horrible..oh yes once Windows ten that ended all document sharing it wanted you to let cortana do it..
Even now I notice with Windows seven that a lot of sites have to many pop-up that it's almost impossible to load the web page..
That I am totally turned on by the fact Ariel even knows what WebRoot is? 😉
Always best to use at least two -- even three! -- different browsers on all devices. Try both chrome and mozilla firefox or safari. These can operate indepedently on your smartphone, tablet, computer.

imo one of the better (and free) security softwares is from AVG.com and can work on many devices.

Whatever security package you do use, you should have only one single package actuve at any time.

If you do "civilian" personal or business browsing, you should use a second browser for hobby browsing to help avoid crossover leakage.
  • Saxum
  • 07-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Always best to use at least two -- even three! -- different browsers on all devices. Try both chrome and mozilla firefox or safari. These can operate indepedently on your smartphone, tablet, computer.

imo one of the better (and free) security softwares is from AVG.com and can work on many devices.

Whatever security package you do use, you should have only one single package actuve at any time.

If you do "civilian" personal or business browsing, you should use a second browser for hobby browsing to help avoid crossover leakage. Originally Posted by ck1942
Great advice. Using TOR can help as well.

If you do "civilian" personal or business browsing, you should use a second browser for hobby browsing to help avoid crossover leakage. Originally Posted by ck1942

and, do not allow your browsers to copy the contacts/history between each other.