Is it just me?

Is it just me or does anyone else see a problem with the trend of providers asking for references from other providers before agreeing to see a hobbyist?

First of alI, I know the providers safety is of utmost importance. However, if a hobbyist has at least 10 reviews and has been a member for more than a year, you would think that would be a pretty good indication the he is not LE.

Actually, my kick is this. We, the hobbyists, depend on other hobbyists to write a real and honest review. Sometimes, if we do that, there is no way we will get a reference from that lady. It has got to the point that, if I have something bad to say, I just won't write a review. It seems like this practice is hurting the reviews, and therefore is hurting the reason for writing them.

Then, for someone like me, who has something on the side, and only dates a provider a couple or a few times a year, I don't have three references in the last 6 months.

I was ready to see a couple of providers I have had my eyes on in the last month. My sideline has been out of town. However, to get to the ladies I have been wanting to see, was not possible for the reasons stated above.

Anyone else?
Hookers in Houston are paranoid about creepy types even though much of that fear is unfounded and pure speculation. Hookers and women in general in Houston seriously have some major psychological problems. It's a lot easier to hobby elsewhere because people, Johns and hookers, are a lot less paranoid and more professional about engaging in the hobby and exchanging the right info that helps it easy for everyone to get what they want in the end.
I agree about the paranoia and "over screening".

For someone like the OP, who has been on the board since 2011, just his PM and a board/internet search that I could complete in less than 5 minutes would work for me.

I actually think provider references are very overrated, I personally will "respond" to them, however I do not "ask" for them, I do my own screening and it has yet to let me down.
Reviews don't hold any weight
Get p411 or get references, it's really simple
If you don't hobby that often, see 2-3 providers then stay in "touch"
Not being a pig is not enough,even street walkers choose their clients

The guy below you has 55 reviews but all providers avoid him..go figure
Is it just me or does anyone else see a problem with the trend of providers asking for references from other providers before agreeing to see a hobbyist? Originally Posted by SuGaRD
I don't see a problem. I wanted to see a traveling provider and it took several attempts over several of her visits to get my references to respond to her. This with me having multiple p411 oks from those reference providers. But I didn't give up, I was polite about it, so was she, and it eventually worked out.

First of alI, I know the providers safety is of utmost importance. However, if a hobbyist has at least 10 reviews and has been a member for more than a year, you would think that would be a pretty good indication the he is not LE. Originally Posted by SuGaRD
Depends. Ten verified providers she can contact? Sure. Ten spa girls and/or strippers? Forget it. And just because a dude isn't LE doesn't mean it's safe to see him.

Actually, my kick is this. We, the hobbyists, depend on other hobbyists to write a real and honest review. Sometimes, if we do that, there is no way we will get a reference from that lady. It has got to the point that, if I have something bad to say, I just won't write a review. It seems like this practice is hurting the reviews, and therefore is hurting the reason for writing them. Originally Posted by SuGaRD
Lots of guys struggle with this. Lots of pulled punches, especially in the physical descriptions. Personally, I try to be clear without being mean about it or judgmental. Seems to work for both maintaining references and informing other dudes.

Then, for someone like me, who has something on the side, and only dates a provider a couple or a few times a year, I don't have three references in the last 6 months. Originally Posted by SuGaRD
The bottom line is that you can't tell providers how to screen. Sure, you can try, but your post plus $5 will get you some coffee at Starbucks and zero appointments. Their pussy, their rules. P411 helps. Do some homework - some providers screen far less rigorously than others. Good luck.
I agree with Sugard. Providers should use common sense also.
Because the hobbyists side of the story and the providers side may not be the same, ask Cute Papi or WolfTurd.

You think guys are going to admit when they act inappropriately? Or put that in a review, which btw, the ladies can not read in full...

Seriously. I don't usually call a question dumb, but this thread... SMMFH

The guy below you has 55 reviews but all providers avoid him..go figure Originally Posted by FindumFuccemFleem
^^^THIS.
YES.
I agree about the paranoia and "over screening".

For someone like the OP, who has been on the board since 2011, just his PM and a board/internet search that I could complete in less than 5 minutes would work for me.

I actually think provider references are very overrated, I personally will "respond" to them, however I do not "ask" for them, I do my own screening and it has yet to let me down. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Thank you Brooke.
It seems like you have a disregard for screening, which is concerning.

Why don't you get P411? Or, if you are irritated with having to provide references, what is your solution to this "problem"? Do you not want to have to give up any info before seeing a new lady?

You guys have way more access to us; pics, websites, profiles here and other sites, reviews, etc etc etc. So, for you, it is more of a safe bet in what you are walking into.

For us, we have no way of knowing unless you share some info with us and we can talk to other ladies you have visited with.

I meet with lots of gents who actually tell me they are pleased with the level of screening I require; they say it makes them feel more secure in meeting with me as well.
Is it just me or does anyone else see a problem with the trend of providers asking for references from other providers before agreeing to see a hobbyist?

Anyone else? Originally Posted by SuGaRD

Sure. Over TEN years ago . . .so not a trend.

My first hobby experience via an internet website was in 2006. Only ten years ago by the calendar, but several lifetimes in both Hobby years and technology years.

Stumbled onto he "old" ASPD board while looking for my first not-a-SW Indy encounter. Right away I ran into the problem with references. What a Catch-22 conundrum!

Read around the ASPD forums and read the reviews. Saved notes on the User's CP notepad. Found a well reviewed and well liked Indy Provider who was agreeable to meeting me.

I do not hobby often (once in 6-18 months) and still have that problem. I am always a newby with no references. Sometimes a fellow monger will recommend me to an agency, sometimes my 10 years of posting on ASPD and ECCIE will make the difference.

With a stronger resource base for the Hobby and more freedom to act UTR this might be different. P411 seems to be useful for the more active hobbyists. Just being active every one or two months would work too.

I am sure that you will find a way into this world. Stick with it.

But a TREND? No, a reality.
I still get asked for references....... even with alllll of my reviews.

But... I gladly provide the lady with a link to my reviews and ALL contain phone numbers so they can contact the lady.

I don't see any problem in it. Good luck OP.

If a client starts to leave No reviews for a couple providers does that make other providers weary of seeing that client?
If a client starts to leave No reviews for a couple providers does that make other providers weary of seeing that client? Originally Posted by Fallout4
Absolutely because Houston can get very sketchy at times even for those who have a good track record. Shit happens a lot in Houston. Also, keep in mind that a lot of people, especially Johns, feel entitled and will throw a hissy fit when they don't get what they want along with a bowl of cherries. On the flip side, the whores in Houston have a deep distrust of clients, thinking that they are going to somehow ruin their business or reputation if they don't come out of the session feeing like a million dollars. Houston is a city of crazies and dramaturds.
Because the hobbyists side of the story and the providers side may not be the same, ask Cute Papi or WolfTurd.

You think guys are going to admit when they act inappropriately? Or put that in a review, which btw, the ladies can not read in full...

Seriously. I don't usually call a question dumb, but this thread... SMMFH

^^^THIS.
YES.
Originally Posted by FoxyNC
It's funny how a whore in NC wants to preach to Houstonians about the dos and don'ts of the business. You have no clue about the Houston market UNTIL you get your ass here and experience it yourself. I was the same way until I played in Houston and got a good idea of the type of culture and environment with which I was dealing. This question is a good one because it directly pertains to the Houston hobby market. A lot of whores in Houston look at the reviews and the amount of time spent in Eccie and will overlook the reference method because it can be time-consuming and outright useless since a lot of whores don't like to give any references even though they say they do. Houstonians are very laid back and aren't necessarily "A" personality types. Experienced whores in Houston can talk and listen to a guy and detect anything fishy about him. You have to have good common sense or a spidey sense while living in Houston unlike a lot of other peachy sweet cities that aren't so sketchy and follow the rules.

BTW for the ignored guy, who said all providers refuse to see me? It's more like the BSC and potty mouth whores are the ones that don't accept my invitation. And good riddance too! The average money-making whore in Houston doesn't have time for all the drama in Eccie. I just happen not to like the indie scene in Houston. Fuck notels. Fuck the Galleria. Fuck coming to my place. Fuck me having to pay for a nice incall just to get mediocre but expensive service. Fuck playing phone tags. Fuck waiting for a whore to shut up before I can stick my dick in her. Fuck having to make an appointment days in advance. Fuck dealing with pimps. Fuck dealing with bad attitude whores that think they are the shit because they are in Eccie and make a few fucktards chuckle. Fuck skinny chicks that come to Houston and become overweight overnight.

First of alI, I know the providers safety is of utmost importance. However, if a hobbyist has at least 10 reviews and has been a member for more than a year, you would think that would be a pretty good indication the he is not LE.

Actually, my kick is this. We, the hobbyists, depend on other hobbyists to write a real and honest review. Sometimes, if we do that, there is no way we will get a reference from that lady. It has got to the point that, if I have something bad to say, I just won't write a review. It seems like this practice is hurting the reviews, and therefore is hurting the reason for writing them.

Then, for someone like me, who has something on the side, and only dates a provider a couple or a few times a year, I don't have three references in the last 6 months.

I was ready to see a couple of providers I have had my eyes on in the last month. My sideline has been out of town. However, to get to the ladies I have been wanting to see, was not possible for the reasons stated above.

Anyone else? Originally Posted by SuGaRD

The last thing a provider has to worry about in LE. LE is not going to beat, rape, rob, or kill her.

The guy below you has 55 reviews but all providers avoid him..go figure Originally Posted by FindumFuccemFleem
P411 is not going to protect the provider. A couple of years ago two P411 members with over 150 Okays each flipped out and hurt providers within maybe six weeks of each other.