1932-2017 R.I.P Dick Gregory

A great man and a terrible loss.

Rest In Heaven ...

One of his jokes: "Last time I was down South, I walked into this restaurant and this white waitress came up to me and said, 'We don't serve colored people here.' I said, 'That's all right, I don't eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken."
I heard him speak when I was in college. At that time he was fasting in protest of the Vietnam War. He was a great man.
A great man and a terrible loss.

Rest In Heaven ...

One of his jokes: "Last time I was down South, I walked into this restaurant and this white waitress came up to me and said, 'We don't serve colored people here.' I said, 'That's all right, I don't eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken." Originally Posted by Seeking ~P
And here the continuation of that joke:

"Then these three white boys came up to me and said, "Boy, we're giving you fair warning. Anything you do to that chicken, we're gonna do to you." So I put down my knife and fork, I picked up that chicken and I kissed it. Then I said, "Line up, boys!" "

obviously a great stand-up comedian as well as an important civil rights activist !

He was a great man !
May he rest in peace!
I was devastated all last night when I found out. His words and deeds moved so many across generations.

Luved him..RIP
Glad to see Dick Gregory celebrated here as a brave & beautiful soul who was never shy about standing up for social justice! He left us with a lot of humorous wisdom....