How do you use the referral feature

I've been trying to figure out how to use the referral feature in my profile to no avail. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you.
Moved from Welcome and Intros

REVIEW AND REFERRAL CREDITS

As a new provider on the site, we encourage you to refer as many of your clients as you can to ECCIE Worldwide and we offer an incentive to do so. To enhance your advertising efforts here beyond the weekly ad posting privileges and your Showcase, we will reward you with free banner credits for your referrals and also for reviews written about you during your first 6 months of membership at ECCIE. For every 10 new members referred by you, a month's banner credit will be extended toward your choice of placement (150x60 home page or 468x60 top of every page) Use the "Invite a Friend" link located in your Main Menu (left-hand column) to ensure proper referral credit is applied. For every review written about you on ECCIE, you will receive an additional month's credit. This can be used to activate a new banner subscription or to extend a current active-running banner ad campaign. This is a great way to increase your exposure to our many thousands of readers while at the same time helping to grow the ECCIE Worldwide community in your area. (Review URL links must be submitted to ads@eccie.net to activate your banner subscription or apply the extension)
In addition to "Invite a Friend," I believe you can "refer" someone to this site just by emailing/calling and suggesting that they join. When they register, I think there is a place for them to specify the handle of the person who referred them to the site. If they specify when registering that you referred them, it adds to your "referral" count on your profile. If they don't, you don't get referral credit, which is why "Invite a Friend" is a more sure way of getting credit. It may also simplify the registration process for them; not that you're vouching for them necessarily, but they can probably just click on a link in the invitation email they get to go directly to the registration page.

However, to my knowledge there is no benefit for guys who refer others to the site, similar to what Chica Chaser describes as a benefit for the ladies who refer others to the site. In which case, just suggest it to anyone who you think might enjoy it and don't worry about whether you get credit.

I apparently have credit for 8 referrals, although I don't recall recommending ECCIE to anyone, let alone using "Invite a Friend." Hopefully the "referrer" is not accountable in any way for those he/she referred, since I wouldn't even vouch for myself, let alone others. Of course, I'm old and senile so maybe I did recommend/invite and just don't remember.