Idea-How to Grow Your Hobby "Slush Fund"--Seriously!

First of all--this is a "repost" as I inadvertently posted in SANDBOX rather than here in CO-ED DISCUSSION as I originally intended. Guess reading about Dannie's stepping away from the life affects us all, whether we want to admit it or not!

Hi ALL! This post is open for discussion to both hobbyist and providers. It's something that "hit me" on the way back from a trade show last night.

For better or worse-I recently had a "career change." To make a long story short-and not entirely accurate--I now sell "high end vacuum cleaners." They are seriously and without a doubt the best in the world. In fact-they are so "upper end" that they are only sold in home demonstrations and at trade shows-you have to see them work to appreciate and understand them. They come with a FOREVER warranty-the company has been in business over 100 years and they have thousands upon thousands of rabidly happy owners. Pass the "vacuum" on to your kids-company honors the warranty to replace ANYTHING for whatever reason. Plus-the product (not really a vacuum cleaner) is manufactured entirely 100% in the USA.

The suggested and quoted price at home shows is anywhere from $2795 to $6000. It's NOT the "cheap stuff." It would make a great gift for a spouse, a girlfriend, a mother, a sister--you'd become an instant hero. This product can't be bought online, it's not advertised. Existing customers can purchase additional products direct from their distributor. Enough "sales stuff." Here's my thought.

If a hobbyist wanted to almost instantly build their hobby slush fund-buy this product. It comes in a number of sets--with the "distributor to you" price being substantially less than the $2695/$6000.

Here's the way I imagine it working. You decide you want to increase your hobby slush fund-and perhaps assuage some of the usually accompanying guilt. You buy the $2795 product--for $1795 (plus taxes and shipping). You pay via check or credit/debit through PAYPAL--thus protecting yourself and creating a record of the amount of the transaction. After your payment has cleared-I return $1000 of it to you. You now have a high end gift on it's way to your spouse/household--and $1000 in your "hobby slush fund." This product makes an excellent gift-whether anniversary, holiday, or birthday. It's something 90% of all women would buy for themselves if they could afford it-or get their spouse to agree to buy it.

This is NOT pie in the sky or a scam. In fact-will be at a local Dallas trade show-open to the public--this weekend and again in September. If you were to buy it there-my partner would take your card info for $1795 (plus shipping and handling)--you wouldn't involve PAYPAL--and there wouldn't be the "hobby kick back."

Do I benefit? Absolutely! The company pays me commission on each product sold.

Will you (the hobbyest) get paperwork indicating the sale and all the warranty info? Absolutely! I've just kind of figured a way to run the payment through PAYPAL to accommodate the sale. Anyway-paid through PAYPAL, you'd be protected. And-whether paying by PAYPAL or check-the "paperwork" generated would be your proof that you paid $X for the product-only you (and I) know the cost was actually $Y.

I'm sure there will be skeptics and questions. Feel free to post or PM me for details as to the real nature of the product. It has an incredible reputation and very few distributors with a very real policy on selling online--thus my reluctance to publicize details.

I know this seems and feels like "hobby laundering"--but I'm thinking outside the box.
Weird. I saw the original post here, then it seemed to be moved to the Sandbox, but without the usual "ghost" here telling us it had been moved. Am I going crazy?
Sorry I'm still waiting on my inheritence from Nigeria. Should be here any day now...
Traci-I originally posted in SANDBOX then realized I had hoped for a "wider" audience and moved to CO-ED DISCUSSIONS. Maybe MODS will close the other down?

Friendlyguy77--me too! Seriously-I know seems an odd proposition. Still-PAYPAL protects the "buyer." The product sold has the reputation to back it up. I'm just offering to facilitate a deal to make the commission (for myself) and provide the "cushion" for the hobbyest. It's not complicated-no "smoke and mirrors"--but admittedly it's unorthodox.
I hope it is not Kirby, they have been investgated more times than I can count. Robbying old women of Social Security benefits etc. I hope it is a different company or you may want to look elswhere for employment. Not a reputable company at all.
Thanks NITWITBOY--I know the post is long but I tried to make it clear that I wasn't actually selling vacuum cleaners but another similar type high end home product. Another person asked if it was a Rainbow vacuum cleaner--nope.
Sorry, my mistake.
RoundPound
Gaining Momentum

Reviews: 1

This is just a thought, not an offer. First let’s be clear, it is not so far. I would purchase the stuff valued at $2,795 for $1,795 and then get $1,000 of it back, right?
You buy the $2795 product--for $1795 (plus taxes and shipping). You pay via check or credit/debit through PAYPAL--thus protecting yourself and creating a record of the amount of the transaction. After your payment has cleared-I return $1000 of it to you.”

Would you pay me the $1,000 up front with no receipt or written agreement, and then wait for my order? Here in lies the problem. If it went south I guess I could show LE and my SO my ECCIE account messages. I am not suggesting you would not do as you say, I just don’t know you.

BTW, Damn Traci you are hot.

RoundPoundView Public ProfileSend a private message to RoundPoundFind More Posts by RoundPoundAdd RoundPound to Your Contacts
Today, 05:54 PM #8 txirishman
Premium Access

Reviews: 5

Traci-thanks for the response-and I understand your line of thinking. There's a certain segment of the "hobby" that draws the line at paying $100 for a session. Many who read about a "high roller hottie" or someone that offers $300 sessions would shake their head and wonder what's so special about THAT p****? In fact-it's often joke about gold plated pussy! So I understand the context of your comment.

That being said-two thoughts.

First-let's assume for a second it's a vacuum cleaner. You can buy one at Walmart and replace it about every year--for about $65. Or you could buy the last one you'll EVER buy for $650. The actually product is not a vacuum cleaner. Company HAS been in business over a century-very reputable. Their are any number of benefits to using the product. This isn't a disposable product-it's a FOREVER product.

The second thought is--part of the reason for the idea and suggestion is to essentially "launder" funds so guys can accumulate funds to see wonderful providers like yourself. There are actually threads on here and other sites where guys talk about tough times and growing the "hobby fund" $20 at a time--whether it's an expense check, bonus check, or "inflated greens fees" that would allow money to accumulate a bit at a time. My idea was merely for the hobbyest that might want to speed the process-and at the same time, do something kind for his spouse to clear the conscience.

And--Imagine That--NO--no RAINBOW in the name. Not really a vacuum cleaner. But is a home type product that primarily women use in the house.

txirishmanView Public ProfileSend a private message to txirishmanSend email to txirishmanFind More Posts by txirishmanAdd txirishman to Your Contacts

Today, 06:01 PM #9 txirishman
Premium Access

OK--Marv and Ratchet--it's NOT a vacuum cleaner. It is a high dollar home product that's seen at every Home & Garden Show and every State Fair. It is in a very real sense "Craftsman quality"--buy it once and enjoy a forever warranty.

Roundpound-good questions. The PAYPAL transaction would actually be both your/my record of the $2795 transaction-which no doubt would suffice for all reasons (say spouse wonders what it cost.). The written receipt to you (same as if you had bought it at a home show or state fair) would be your warranty and record of the real cost--and you would have that for your records.

I'm just thinking out of the box--and like I said--I get a commission off product sold so this is just another way to market it.
txirishmanView Public ProfileSend a private message to txirishmanSend email to txirishmanFind More Posts by txirishmanAdd txirishman to Your Contacts

Today, 06:06 PM #10 bigmarv
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirishman
OK--Marv and Ratchet--it's NOT a vacuum cleaner.

Your words not mine, I now sell "high end vacuum cleaners."
bigmarvView Public ProfileSend a private message to bigmarvFind More Posts by bigmarvAdd bigmarv to Your Contacts

Today, 06:14 PM #11 txirishman
Premium Access

Marv-notice the quotation marks " " surrounding the words high end vacuum cleaner. Then later in the same paragraph I write Plus-the product (not really a vacuum cleaner) is manufactured entirely 100% in the USA.

Today, 06:29 PM #12 tracibrooks
Verified Provider

Reviews: 0
My Showcase
My Showcase Traci Brooks Texas - Dallas

For not being a vacuum cleaner, your original post sure uses the word a lot. Forgive us for being confused.

I crave sex. I fear commitment. I love my job.
tracibrooksView Public ProfileSend a private message to tracibrooksSend email to tracibrooksFind More Posts by tracibrooksAdd tracibrooks to Your Contacts

Today, 07:20 PM #13 txirishman
Premium Access

I understand Traci-no worries. Believe me-it would be ALOT easier if I used the name brand and actual product but for reasons that are pretty obvious, I can't.

Today, 08:48 PM #14 RoundPound
Gaining Momentum

Roundpound-good questions. The PAYPAL transaction would actually be both your/my record of the $2795 transaction-which no doubt would suffice for all reasons (say spouse wonders what it cost.). The written receipt to you (same as if you had bought it at a home show or state fair) would be your warranty and record of the real cost--and you would have that for your records.

TY Tx irsh man, but that is not an answer to any of my questions or any impotant points. I do see that Iwould pay $2,795 now and not $1,795 as you stated.
You buy the $2795 product--for $1795 (plus taxes and shipping). You pay via check or credit/debit through PAYPAL--thus protecting yourself and creating a record of the amount of the transaction. After your payment has cleared-I return $1000 of it to you.”

I now suggest that everyone run away (not walk), from this offer.

Good luck,
RoundPoundView Public ProfileSend a private message to RoundPoundFind More Posts by RoundPoundAdd RoundPound to Your Contacts

Today, 08:58 PM #15 hwygnome
Burnin' Sky

For some reason I see my slush fund getting smaller.

If I get hit by a dust devil my new disguise will be that of a sandman. My current Dept store manager look is a real pain in the behind acting like I know where stuff is when people think I work in whatever store I happen to be in.
Thanks RoundPound for "merging" the two posts--making it look as messy and disorganized as any I've seen on either ECCIE or ASPD! Disregard the offer/suggestion folks--I vastly over-estimated the IQ of some of the readers. [Not that the offer was for everyone-but DAMN, some of the questions and comments...WOW!]

So-you married guys--continue to accrue your hobby funds $20 at a time, saving here and there, telling your SO a series of small lies as your fund grows. ["No honey, I actually had the car detailed today--cost me $50!!"--"Can you believe it--greens fees up again???"] I know it takes some intelligence to wrap your mind around the concept I was suggesting--of course more details would have been available to serious buyers.

Given the responses-I wonder what kind of questions and responses the first guy to suggest a "hobby phone" got!!

Have a great week all..
I did get the point that it was not a vacuum, but it did suck...
I just sent you $100,000. Man this is a better idea even than a hobby raffle.

Do I get my money back in US dollars, or nigerian currency?
Thanks RoundPound for "merging" the two posts--making it look as messy and disorganized as any I've seen on either ECCIE or ASPD! Disregard the offer/suggestion folks--I vastly over-estimated the IQ of some of the readers. [Not that the offer was for everyone-but DAMN, some of the questions and comments...WOW!]

So-you married guys--continue to accrue your hobby funds $20 at a time, saving here and there, telling your SO a series of small lies as your fund grows. ["No honey, I actually had the car detailed today--cost me $50!!"--"Can you believe it--greens fees up again???"] I know it takes some intelligence to wrap your mind around the concept I was suggesting--of course more details would have been available to serious buyers.

Given the responses-I wonder what kind of questions and responses the first guy to suggest a "hobby phone" got!!

Have a great week all.. Originally Posted by txirishman
I think you underestimated the IQ of us. This sounded like a way for YOU to grow your hobby budget. Keep trying though. There's a lot of suckers out there. I read reviews almost every day from someone who fell for pretty obvious B&S's on BP.
Funny guys..not deep thinkers. Still-asleep--back to your register.

I guess I over estimated the crowd being aware that PAYPAL protects the buyer more than the seller--and that full details and disclosure would be made about the brand and product before any money changed hands.

'Tards.
Funny guys..not deep thinkers. Still-asleep--back to your register.

I guess I over estimated the crowd being aware that PAYPAL protects the buyer more than the seller--and that full details and disclosure would be made about the brand and product before any money changed hands.

'Tards. Originally Posted by txirishman
Yeah, if anyone believes that Paypal protects a buyer on anything once that money is removed from an account, I have a nigerian bridge to sell them. Once the transaction is complete and the money removed, that money is gone. Paypal won't do a thing. But as a scammer, you already know that.

Good to hear that WE are the "tards" as you stated. Besides posting obvious scams, name calling is the next best way to attract buyers into said scam.
I am sure there are some very well to do married guys here not saving a 20 here and a 20 there based on their review activity. My figures, a house, wife, bills, kids and a ton of hobby money...They are doing somethng correct. Anyway, this is becoming kind of comical so I will check back. My mind is racing with what a woman uses at home often and is not a vacuume. My ex did not clean shit. Who has carpet nowadays anyway? I have a few rugs, but the Bissell does just fine there.