Ford F150 XLT

I received an email today from a dealer that wanted to sell me a new Ford F150 XLT. The sticker price was $35,500. The offer was for $24,800. Price difference $10,700. Makes you wonder how badly you get screwed when you buy a car.
2013 or 2014 model?
I received an email today from a dealer that wanted to sell me a new Ford F150 XLT. The sticker price was $35,500. The offer was for $24,800. Price difference $10,700. Makes you wonder how badly you get screwed when you buy a car. Originally Posted by Bestman200600
I always say they're going to be laughing at you when you drive away, your job is to just make sure they're not laughing too hard.

2013 or 2014 model? Originally Posted by netman
Assume 2013 but depending on options that could still be a good price (only if it's new).
Fix Or Repair Daily
If it's a 2013, then they are still trying to clear out that inventory and they are trying to give (practically) those away at this point.

Friend of mine bought a last years model work truck (still new) off a lot once that had sat there until September of the following year and they sold it to him under cost just to get rid of it.

A $10,000 rebate pretty much includes both dealer and manufacturer profit, so I think it's a break even for them (assuming a 2013 model).
Fix Or Repair Daily Originally Posted by txexetoo
Or: Found On Road Dead.

Dealers can advertise a bare-bones, no extras/options vehicle at unbelievable prices. The thing is, hardly any vehicles are like that on the lot. It's the worm on the end of the hook and they just want to reel you in.
You can get some really great deals this time of the year on a 2013. But keep this in mind though. Your buying a truck, thats very soon going to be 2 years old when the 2015 models come out. So while you are saving money on the truck, be prepared for massive depreciation when you get it home.
Chevy has been offering drastic discounts as well. It explains part of their stock price decline. Ford is doing some major re-tooling and has 22 new items coming out in the next year. Ford truck will have the most changes going from steel to aluminum. This is a huge deal for the nations best selling vehicle 32 years in a row.

I keep my vehicles for at least 10 years, so it's no big deal for me to buy a highly discounted vehicle at the end of the year.
Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge.
Jeez, What's with the bashing on Ford trucks?
I've had 3 Ford trucks. The only thing that ever went wrong with them was when the battery died.
I've got a Toyota now. I think it will probably outlive me.
Chevy trucks last for about 20-30 years. The only one I question are Dodges.
All kinds of power, but can they or do they last?
Hemispherical cylinder heads and compression chambers or "Hemi"
as they brag about. Lots of horsepower, no doubt, but when you start banging out the horses, you come out of the gate strong but can you last?
  • DaBox
  • 02-26-2014, 09:45 PM
The end of the model year you should pretty easily be able to get about 25% off sticker with all the rebates and such. I bought a 2013 FX2 ecoboost that was 46k sticker. I drove off the lot TTL extended warr and maint contract for 36.2k I felt like I did just fine. In the end the deal about fell apart over $500. I am a really cheap bastard when it comes to buying cars.
You can't hardly get anything off at the end of the year on top line cars -- BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. I'm amazed at 25% off on a truck. of course, I'm amazed a truck costs $35,000. too.
Show me a beamer, or Lexxus that can pull a cattle trailer or boat.
Flip Over Read Directions.
Show me a beamer, or Lexxus that can pull a cattle trailer or boat. Originally Posted by pyramider
that is a good point. I got 14 years of service from a Ford Ranger.