Phone Number Conundrum

I'm wondering if I should change my phone number? I know its a lot of work updating ads/sites/etc. but I'm wondering if I had a local number if it would be a good thing or bad thing? I am LOCAL now so just sayin...

two thoughts--
one: out of state number - she's no cop and safer
two: local number, easier to explain phone records for clients whose s.o. may question a long distance phone call or text??

What a conundrum!!!

What's your thoughts or advice??
I would say keep the one you have. The MS gulf coast is known for fake ad's posted on backpage, even after one of the culprits moved out of state. I can't remember whether or not you post there, but regardless a number of people view 228 area codes with higher suspicion than out of town area codes.

I don't think clients will have any concerns about how a long distance number will look to others unless they are calling multiple time a day over an extended period of time. If that's the case you have bigger issues to address than your phone number. IMO
Thanks for your input! I thought clients might have hard time verifying me too all over again and nothing if you googled a new #, and if some save # but don't use "sites" to look me up, they wouldn't get my new #, I don't call/text clients unless they call/text me first so I couldn't let them know the change

pros vs cons- guess I'm keeping it
I agree with rwm. Keep your number. Clients should be smart enough to know how to deal with prying eyes.
I agree with rwm. Keep your number. Clients should be smart enough to know how to deal with prying eyes. Originally Posted by nufsaidus
X2
Keep the number you have sweetie! The service that you provide good or bad determine how much it rings.