How many of the average Americans here have used a gun for protection?

A new poll prompted by the comments of Speedy Racer. He demands to know about how the "average" citizen needs to use a gun for "protection". We'll all average here, though some of less average than others, so this is our population.
Lets define our terms:
A gun is any firearm whether it is a shotgun, rifle, or handgun. It does not matter whether it is modern, black powder, unloaded, or even working. The mere introduction of a weapon into a confrontation was enough to back down or force to flee a bad person.
Which brings us to usage; displaying, drawing, and shooting (in the air, the ground, or at the person) constitutes usage.
So the questions will be as follows;
Have you ever used a firearm to protect yourself, another person, or property?
Have you ever wished you had (but did not) a firearm to protect yourself or another person?
Have you ever wished you DID NOT have a firearm to protect yourself or another person.
Do you think (or just hope)that you will get through life without ever needing a firearm.
A new poll prompted by the comments of Speedy Racer. He demands to know about how the "average" citizen needs to use a gun for "protection". We'll all average here, though some of less average than others, so this is our population.
Lets define our terms:
A gun is any firearm whether it is a shotgun, rifle, or handgun. It does not matter whether it is modern, black powder, unloaded, or even working. The mere introduction of a weapon into a confrontation was enough to back down or force to flee a bad person.
Which brings us to usage; displaying, drawing, and shooting (in the air, the ground, or at the person) constitutes usage.
So the questions will be as follows;
Have you ever used a firearm to protect yourself, another person, or property?
Have you ever wished you had (but did not) a firearm to protect yourself or another person?
Have you ever wished you DID NOT have a firearm to protect yourself or another person.
Do you think (or just hope)that you will get through life without ever needing a firearm. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I most certainly have. I'll add this tid bit of information. Trouble can and will descend upon you when you least expect it at the most inopportune time and you'll never see it coming. The moment you have to defend yourself or another even with or without a weapon will change your life forever.

Jim
...We'll all average here, though some of less average than others, so this is our population. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
There is no way to justify a discussion about what the "average citizen" will do in the United States based on the responses from a blog on a hooker board.

As far as the "poll" ..

.... it's none of anyone's business whether someone has nor not.
The moment you have to defend yourself or another even with or without a weapon will change your life forever.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
That's one reason I think it is none of anyone's business. It's personal.
That's one reason I think it is none of anyone's business. It's personal. Originally Posted by LexusLover
That's why I didn't offer any elaborate detail. Because until you are in that spot at that moment it's impossible to make any assessment how you'll react or how someone else should have.

Jim
There are no "average Americans " on this board.
  • Seedy
  • 04-06-2015, 12:43 PM
There are no "average Americans " on this board. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Speak for yourself. Lol
There is no way to justify a discussion about what the "average citizen" will do in the United States based on the responses from a blog on a hooker board. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Very true.
There are no "average Americans " on this board. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
That may be true, but at least you recognize that you are very under average.
Speak for yourself. Lol Originally Posted by Seedy
That may be true, but at least you recognize that you are very under average. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Here are two of the " low bar" setters...LMFAO New handles under average 1 and 2 for you guys....
Wow, LittleEva! You are so creative!
Retired military, licensed to carry for the last 3 years, never had to draw/use it yet. But I do carry everywhere I am legally allowed. I don't expect to have a car accident.. but carry insurance because it can happen in spite of my desire to avoid "accidents" I carry a legal firearm for the same reason. The only place where there is no legal prohibition against it, but choose not to carry is an appointment /date with a provider.
Wow, LittleEva! You are so creative! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Wow dull knife I wanted to keep it simple. I remember what trouble you have with one sentence posts.
I've maintained since CHLs have existed in Texas their owners' guns protect me. Crooks are less likely to pounce on someone for fear they may be packing. Don't believe me? Look at the drop in crime in states since they've passed similar legislation.

I'm not voting in the poll because protection is relative. If I sleep better in my house because I have a shotgun nearby, does that mean I'm "protected."

You're selling Little Eva short, COG! He isn't "below average", he's "bottom percentile."

At least until WTF gets unbanned. Notice I didn't say "returns."
I've maintained since CHLs have existed in Texas their owners' guns protect me. Crooks are less likely to pounce on someone for fear they may be packing. Don't believe me? Look at the drop in crime in states since they've passed similar legislation.

I'm not voting in the poll because protection is relative. If I sleep better in my house because I have a shotgun nearby, does that mean I'm "protected."

You're selling Little Eva short, COG! He isn't "below average", he's "bottom percentile."

At least until WTF gets unbanned. Notice I didn't say "returns." Originally Posted by gnadfly
LOL you wish turd fly you are so far down you have to look up to see whale shit..