Military Spending in 2013

Here is a chart of what American taxpayers paid in 2013 military spending:

http://www.psr.org/nuclear-weapons/m...-spending.html

I'm not done yet; still looking for a current chart!
I have to say that this is a stupid post. Why don't I put out that a random animal has 30 teeth. What do you compare it too? How many is normal? You want to post something rational, post the entire budget so we can see what is what. I have to assume that if you don't do this then you don't have anything to post. Also remember to not call it a budget. The US Congress, Senate, and the White House have not passed a budget in years.
I have to say that this is a stupid post. Why don't I put out that a random animal has 30 teeth. What do you compare it too? How many is normal? You want to post something rational, post the entire budget so we can see what is what. I have to assume that if you don't do this then you don't have anything to post. Also remember to not call it a budget. The US Congress, Senate, and the White House have not passed a budget in years. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Here ya go:

Military budget proposed by Obama (called Odumbo on here) for 2015:

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/c...united-states/

Note how its called "discretionary spending"!!!
Why bother looking? Without a reference it means nothing. Post the entire budget or get off the pot.
Post WWII defense spending in relation to GDP is near a historic low while government spending on social programs eats up a major portion of every tax dollar:
I have to say that this is a stupid post. Why don't I put out that a random animal has 30 teeth. What do you compare it too? How many is normal? You want to post something rational, post the entire budget so we can see what is what. I have to assume that if you don't do this then you don't have anything to post. Also remember to not call it a budget. The US Congress, Senate, and the White House have not passed a budget in years. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Why do you need it compared to the rest of the budget? Because that's the only way it looks halfway reasonable, I suppose. What the fuck does normal have to do with defense spending? Who says what is normal?
Do you really think the government is telling us the truth about what it spends? That's why it is imperative to have independent performance, policy and financial audits throughout government.
Why don't you make an intelligent comment, instead of blowing smoke?

Do some research, or, are you too lazy??? Drinking too much???

How much Royal Crown did you ingest tonight? Post traumatic stress disorder? There is always help for that. We are all slaves to the powers that be. Get real and do your homework. Not that I dislike you, just that I see your ignorance.
Why do you need it compared to the rest of the budget? Because that's the only way it looks halfway reasonable, I suppose. What the fuck does normal have to do with defense spending? Who says what is normal? Originally Posted by WombRaider

So you want a misleading post in order to further your agenda??? You have to have a point of comparison for anything and that is not being provided. This is the essence of the lie.
OK, so if JDIdiot disagrees, it must be a lie.

Why do you engage in discussion in the first place if all you're going to do is shit on every view that differs from yours, "professor?"

I guess you like the sound of your own voice, so much so that you undoubtedly have the longest Ignore list in this forum.

Along with pictures of other guys' JUNK!
Post WWII defense spending in relation to GDP is near a historic low while government spending on social programs eats up a major portion of every tax dollar: Originally Posted by I B Hankering
It's not welfare, it's Obamacare that takes up too much. Prof. Chomsky is also in disagreement with this form of healthcare. Having a nationwide health program such as France would be cheaper, much cheaper. Get the insurance companies out of the picture and what a difference! By the way, did you see the post I made about the cost of the wars after 9/11?
OK, so if JDIdiot disagrees, it must be a lie.

Why do you engage in discussion in the first place if all you're going to do is shit on every view that differs from yours, "professor?"

I guess you like the sound of your own voice, so much so that you undoubtedly have the longest Ignore list in this forum.

Along with pictures of other guys' JUNK! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I make posts for others to see, not you! I don't give a flying *uck what you think either.
  • Old-T
  • 04-16-2015, 04:09 PM
ST,

I think you mistook the target of Yssup's post. It wasn't you.
So you want a misleading post in order to further your agenda??? You have to have a point of comparison for anything and that is not being provided. This is the essence of the lie. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
This is your stock and trade, you tell me. It's not a lie to say you think we spend too much on defense. That's an opinion.