How do you make time?

Just a quick question for the guys mostly, ladies do speak up. Question is how do you make time or find an excuse to get away to see these wonderful women?

My SO doesn't work and stays at home. She does know all my co-workers and have been friends with most all of them. I know when the kids go back to school it'll be a bit easier, but what suggestion do you have to help out a guy?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments or suggestions. Really need to get some me time badly!
Hobbys. Poker night, Pool games, Watchings sports. Alumni association if you went to college and there is a local chapter. Bowling

I play pool twice a month, every month. Same time, but different locations. Sometimes, I even go to the pool hall. 9:00pm till close.

The key is to set up a routine and actualy do whatever for awhile to establish it as expected. And keep doing it enough in case she does check on you. Invite her to go with you from time to time. Be ready if she says yes though. If you can, find a buddy who is also in the hobby or at least strippers. That gives you someone to call you and ask you to go do something.

One thing that gets alot of guys caught is a sudden change in routine and behavior. Lay a solid foundation. Actualy do your cover story for awhile. If asked how your time was, never go into a lot of detail. Too much detail indicates you may be lying. If you have a membership at a 24 hour gym, get a locker there so you can store a change in cloths and have a place to cleanup.

Hope that helps
i typically go during the work day, block the outlook calendar with a "meeting" so no one schedules anything during my time.

try to schedule with providers with incalls that are reasonably close to my office.

this typically allows me not to be missed by the so, just make sure you are caught up on work!
  • Rebel
  • 08-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Lunch hours are great , most everyone gets one and no one said that you only have to eat food for lunch. Works out well for me when playing during the biz week.
Thanks to all and keep them coming. Great tips.
I agree with all the above but feel the need to add one more. I started a business outside of my real job which takes 2-3 nights per week plus basically a 8-12 hours per weekend. (We have no kids at home and my wife has her own interests so no problems for me. With your kids at home; maybe a problem.)

I make extra money in my 2nd business which provides both the time and money to dabble in the hobby. However, being in (provider dry) East Texas I find myself with more money than time; not being able to drive to Dallas. When I don't have the time to drive to Dallas and don't want to work I go pay 9 holes (on the golf course).

Shout out to Anastasia. You are the best.
For me, I have perfect job. I can get called out of a service call call 24/7. I get just enough legit evening and weekend calls that its not unusual if I have to go out for a few hours. Even gave me a perfect cover today when I locked my keys in my car at a providers incall. Had to call the wife to give my extra keys to a friend who brought them to me.

I get paid in cash a fair bit so I hold that aside to cover hobby and play expenses
  • Aflac
  • 08-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Early morning sessions can be covered by "gotta go into the office early tomorrow to..." A) Prepare for a big meeting, B) Finish a project, of C)Explaining whatever-needs-to-be-done. These can be rare though because you have to find a partner willing to meet really early.

I've been able to make lunchtime work but it's not my favorite because I prefer multi-hour sessions and the drive to/from Dallas (I office in Ft Worth) makes it just too damn long away from the office. Works great though for the ladies based in Tarrant County.

Have had success leaving the office early, heading to Dallas, and just being "late from work". Usually giving a heads up to the SO that the way things going that day I'll be running late. Since coming home late isn't uncommon when not hobbying, there is an established pattern.

Most recently, I've stopped using my non-provider licensed massage therapist - which is an SO approved activity for me to get a monthly massage - and started using that time to schedule hobby fun. I've noticed my response to the SO after the "massage" about "how was the massage" is nearly identical now as it was when seeing a non-provider massage therapist. Something like this: "Oh it was great. I'm always amazed at how relaxed I am after that. Thanks again for letting me get regular massages."

And, finally, I work out a lot and have memberships at two national gym chains. This not only comes in handy in finding showers available all over the metroplex, but I also can tell the SO I'm "going to the gym" and have a clandestine meeting with a provider instead. However, for this excuse to work, you have to work out a lot so it may require a non-trivial lifestyle change for those who don't visit the gym often.
Excuses isn't a problem. Time is a huge problem. Usually I have a block in my schedule when I'm in Dallas where someone cancels for some reason or another. That's when I usually hobby. That or some night where I'm not working.
  • Sunny
  • 08-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Going to the gym works well like they said and of course all the other suggestions above.
Listen to the experienced ones here.
Have fun and Hobby Safe.