Cops taking DNA at road blocks

I predicted this on this site not more than two weeks ago. The Supreme Court decision to allow DNA samples for any stop (not conviction or arrest) for any reason. Now we have off duty cops volunteering to set up road blocks to gather DNA.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/10/of...ma-roadblocks/
  • CJ7
  • 06-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I predicted this on this site not more than two weeks ago. The Supreme Court decision to allow DNA samples for any stop (not conviction or arrest) for any reason. Now we have off duty cops volunteering to set up road blocks to gather DNA.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/10/of...ma-roadblocks/ Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
According to Lt. Freddie Turrentine with the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Department, drivers were asked to voluntarily offer samples of their saliva and blood for a study being conducted by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation.
The drivers were compensated for their samples.

If they WANTED to ... they were paid

if not they drove away

typical JD knee jerk, I TOLD YOU SO !!!
Must have been a great overtime Gig.
Leave it to barley pop to spin something.
Must have been a great overtime Gig. Originally Posted by acp5762
for sure on that.
I predicted this on this site not more than two weeks ago. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Did you predict that off duty cops would be manning road blocks to gather DNA?
Yeah, it was a stupidly misleading headline on Drudge and JD took it hook, line and sinker.

The article states:

"Off-duty cops in two counties in Alabama spent the weekend collecting saliva and blood samples from drivers at roadblocks. According to Lt. Freddie Turrentine with the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Department, drivers were asked to voluntarily offer samples of their saliva and blood for a study being conducted by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation."

If the article had instead stated "Students from the University of Alabama spent the weekend..." asking people to voluntarily give DNA swaps for research, would anyone care?

But throw in "off-duty cops" and everyone starts thinking "1984" without reading the article.
BSwine keeps trying to give them DNA samples anywhere he can. Unfortunately, the only place he can publicly jerk off is here.
[QUOTE=ExNYer;1053097621]Yeah, it was a stupidly misleading headline on Drudge and JD took it hook, line and sinker.

The article states:

"Off-duty cops in two counties in Alabama spent the weekend collecting saliva and blood samples from drivers at roadblocks. According to Lt. Freddie Turrentine with the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Department, drivers were asked to voluntarily offer samples of their saliva and blood for a study being conducted by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation."

If the article had instead stated "Students from the University of Alabama spent the weekend..." asking people to voluntarily give DNA swaps for research, would anyone care?

But throw in "off-duty cops" and everyone starts thinking "1984" without reading the article.[/QUOTE

Only Ozombies give up DNA like that. Pump your stomach and you will have all sorts of DNA.
Drudge does that all the time. Sensational headlines, and then you read the article and there is nothing there. Annoying as hell.
Drudge does that all the time. Sensational headlines, and then you read the article and there is nothing there. Annoying as hell. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Anybody fail to see the irony in that statement?

LMAO!

sorry... I meant:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAN!
Only Ozombies give up DNA like that. Pump your stomach and you will have all sorts of DNA. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Swab your asshole and you will get twice as much.
Funny, I read the entire article but it doesn't change one thing does it? They were taking DNA period. They are constructing a database. You are either too stupid or naive. I even went so far as to look up the Sheriff and found that he was a republican named Donnellson.
They are constructing a database. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
JDB ... it is not "they" ... it is "us"!

Whenever I go to a store and I am asked for my phone number at checkout ..

.. I say ........"NO, you don't need it."

You have been creating a "data base" since you first posted on Eccie. A large one.
I would want to know who is funding the research project among other things.
Not that it really matters as the IRS will have full access to your medical records.