CNN Report......Chris Kyle Embellished Military Honors In His Book.

My question would be ....why??

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/2...ecor/21383839/

Being awarded one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars would seem like a phenomenal accomplishment.
Damn, makes no sense.
Maybe He felt guilty.
Maybe He felt guilty. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I suppose you mean he felt guilty for killing countless people from a distance, solely in the name of protecting his fellow soldiers in harms way.

Does the F-16 pilot feel guilty when he releases his bombs on those 1000's of feet below. Does the artillery man feel guilty when he releases his shells to destroy distant objects? Does a President feel guilty when he orders a drone to strike a living target? Does the submariner feel guilty when he releases a torpedo on a unsupecting ship?

I suppose the difference is that the sniper actually can see the face of his target, and him, and only him, at that moment has the decision of life, or death, in his hands.

I do not know the answer to the question I asked in my OP. Why did he feel the need to further embellish his career.
I suppose you mean he felt guilty for killing countless people from a distance, solely in the name of protecting his fellow soldiers in harms way.

Does the F-16 pilot feel guilty when he releases his bombs on those 1000's of feet below. Does the artillery man feel guilty when he releases his shells to destroy distant objects? Does a President feel guilty when he orders a drone to strike a living target? Does the submariner feel guilty when he releases a torpedo on a unsupecting ship?

I suppose the difference is that the sniper actually can see the face of his target, and him, and only him, at that moment has the decision of life, or death, in his hands.

I do not know the answer to the question I asked in my OP. Why did he feel the need to further embellish his career. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Guilt affects different people different ways.
The strange thing is ignoring the warning before publishing.
From what I've read and seen he had a multitude of mental issues. I don't think anyone can truly say how he perceived himself or what fate he thought he should end up with.
Maybe He felt guilty. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
About what?

And how would exaggerating his medal count relieve guilt? Wouldn't it just add to it?
Just leave a dead man alone and move on...

FUCKERS
Kyle's DD-214 which he signed shows two Silver Stars, and six Bronze Stars.
http://imgfave-chat-herokuapp-com.gl...33_animate.gif
Bureaucrats! My own DD214 had me confused with someone with the same last name. There were three of us on the ship sharing the same uncommon name and that included one Marine. I first noticed the schools I had "attended" was wrong and then the military awards were completely wrong. They basically typed what I told them was supposed to be there. So there probably is an incorrect, out of date copy of my DD214 on file someplace.
Damn two Barleycorns.
Is the other JDrunk a professor of sanitation maintenance at Phuck U?
Correction (read the missive closely) THREE of us with the same name. I still recall the humor when the Captain wanted Petty Officer >>>>>> to report to the bridge and you could here someone in the background saying "which one sir?", "what", "there are three on board sir", "which one do I want?", "the electronics tech sir, that would be ET3 >>>>>>"
  • Old-T
  • 05-30-2016, 02:47 PM
That is a very big difference. It makes it much more "personal". The SPECOPS folks have known it for a long time. How it actually affects someone is impossible to predict, but there is something more surreal when it is truly unseen at distance.

With the greatly increased optical sensors on drones you are seeing the same thing with strike drone operators. Sometimes less information really is better.

I do not know the answer to the question I asked in my OP. Why did he feel the need to further embellish his career. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I have no idea. It is something that only he could have answered--and maybe not even he could have.

I agree with IIFFY on this one: leave it be. No good comes of us speculating here, certainly no good from criticizing what in the big picture is an innocuous mistruth.
RP says it is a left wing conspiracy.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/...hris-kyle.html
  • Old-T
  • 05-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Just confirms that Perry is a clueless self serving dolt.