Bangin in Little Rock...

So, Ive never visited this area obviously. But, I do remember that HBO Special back in the 90's about the Bloods and Crips wiggin out and painting the city red. I'm wondering if you all have gotten that handled or ???

No, but really...Can someone suggest some good area's of Little Rock before I head that way...Safe upscale hotels? I don't want to be the victim of a drive-by shooting.

Thanks!
Most hotels in west Little Rock are fine. I would stay out of downtown and the southwest area.
Correct. Stay in west Little Rock and you should be fine. There are a number of nice suite type hotels there if that is your preference.
West Little Rock it is my friends. Thank you for the info.

Most hotels in west Little Rock are fine. I would stay out of downtown and the southwest area. Originally Posted by howdywho
Correct. Stay in west Little Rock and you should be fine. There are a number of nice suite type hotels there if that is your preference. Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Avoid the Super 8 in WLR. I've been there 3x and it's been shady surroundings every time.
I only do upscale. Super 8...motel 6...Ect make me feel like a cheap streetwalker. Plus, I'm still on the fence about the HBO special. Something about $35 a night screams drive by.

Lol.

Avoid the Super 8 in WLR. I've been there 3x and it's been shady surroundings every time. Originally Posted by Hogfan69
There are plenty of nice suite type hotels in west LR if that is your preference. No need for low scale. I have seen a number of ladies at those type places and I always appreciate an upscale hotel. The specific warnings here about where not to stay are dead on. But LR is not the same place it was when that HBO special was made. It's actually a pretty damn nice city.
You have not been steered wrong. West Little Rock is the place to stay. Avoid Southwest like the plague. I disagree about downtown. There are several very nice places to stay, but it's not usually as convenient as west little rock.
The worst thing about downtown is parking if you don't have a room.

That HBO special was a long time ago. Avoid the problem areas and you won't have any issues.
I'm poking a little fun at you guys.

When I was 12 and "Bangin in Little Rock" was on I watched it in horror. I decided the Thug life wasn't for me.

So I became a hooker instead.
The most upscale hotels in the city are in the downtown area, but parking is difficult and dining options are not quite as convenient, if you're just looking for something easy to grab.
"I decided the Thug life wasn't for me.

So I became a hooker instead."

Ummmm, you know, I can't say I ever felt the hook set. It was incredibly subtle. Yet I feel myself slowly but surely being reeled in.
lol...you are funny! Ill keep an eye out for when you come to LR....errr wlr!
It happens my man. I would quote a Tupac song here..but something tells me you boys don't listen to gangster rap.
"I decided the Thug life wasn't for me.

So I became a hooker instead."

Ummmm, you know, I can't say I ever felt the hook set. It was incredibly subtle. Yet I feel myself slowly but surely being reeled in. Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Sam, your avatar is funny. Especially since currently I am in Hot Springs. This is a hopping place. I couldn't find a hotel available for 30 miles. I agreed to a appointment and had to find a room. I did. When I pulled in I immediately wanted to kill myself. Hints it's availability.

Thank you, Sundance. Some people get it...and some people don't. Lol

The most upscale hotels in the city are in the downtown area, but parking is difficult and dining options are not quite as convenient, if you're just looking for something easy to grab. Originally Posted by Sam_Clemens
lol...you are funny! Ill keep an eye out for when you come to LR....errr wlr! Originally Posted by sundance500