I see where Democrats talk about how cumbersome it is to vote.

Does anyone have a problem voting? I am not sure how it could be much easier in Texas to vote. It might be tough on those that don’t have the right to vote, but for a citizen it couldn’t get much easier .
It’s far too easy to vote (cheat). It should take effort and have multilayered security.
Have a problem?

Call the local or county party headquarters of your choice.

Someone there will see to it that you can get registered properly. Are you housebound, have a disability or your car just has a flat? Call again and someone will see to it that you can get to a polling place to vote.
Honestly-- it depends on where you live. In Jefferson County KY-- for example-- there was only one place to vote. In a county of over 750k residents. Lines are ridiculously long.
Honestly-- it depends on where you live. In Jefferson County KY-- for example-- there is only one place to vote. In a county of over 750k residents. Lines are ridiculously long. Originally Posted by Grace Preston

well i'm gonna have to call you out to prove that. since i was born in Louisville i voted there from 1980 till 1998 and i find it nearly unbelievable your claim holds up that there is only one voting place in Jefferson Co. KY

and just so we all know Louisville and Jefferson Co merged in 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisville%2C_Kentucky

Since 2003, Louisville's borders have been the same as those of Jefferson County, after a city-county merger.[14] The official name of this consolidated city-county government is the Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government,[15] abbreviated to Louisville Metro.[16] Despite the merger and renaming, the term "Jefferson County" continues to be used in some contexts in reference to Louisville Metro, particularly including the incorporated cities outside the "balance" which make up Louisville proper.
Honestly-- it depends on where you live. In Jefferson County KY-- for example-- there is only one place to vote. In a county of over 750k residents. Lines are ridiculously long. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Re-a-l-l-l-l-y?!? Perhaps you are eerily unfamiliar with Hey the Googlie...
Board of Elections announces no-excuse early voting locations for Jefferson County

...Early voting locations in Jefferson County are:
  • The Jeffersonian, 10617 Taylorsville Road, Jeffersontown, Kentucky 40299
  • Kentucky Center for African American Heritage, 1701 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd. Louisville, Kentucky 40203
  • Sun Valley Community Center, 6505 Bethany Lane, Louisville, Kentucky 40272
  • Mary Queen of Peace, 4017 Dixie Hwy. Louisville, Kentucky 40216
  • Louisville Marriott East, 1903 Embassy Square Blvd. Louisville, Kentucky 40299
  • Kentucky Exposition Center, East Hall A & B. 937 Phillips Lane, Louisville, Kentucky 40209
  • Old Forester’s Paristown Hall, 724 Brent St. Louisville, Kentucky 40204
Early voting will run from Nov. 3-5 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day at the locations listed above.

In-person excused absentee voting will run from Oct. 26 through Nov. 2 and will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Jefferson County Clerk's Office at 1000 East Liberty St...
Here's where Jefferson County's proposed 20 polling locations are for Election Day

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Voters planning to cast a ballot in person on Election Day in Jefferson County will be able to choose from one of 20 locations, if Kentucky's governor and secretary of state approve the county's recently submitted plan.

The plan originally submitted by the Jefferson County Clerk Bobbie Holsclaw in September contained only eight polling places, drawing backlash from Louisville elected officials and Secretary of State Michael Adams for being an insufficient number and not spread enough throughout the city...
That giant flushing sound you hear...
Was this ONE place whites only? The only people that would effect are folks that worked for a living. I currently live in a county of slightly over 25000 and I know of 4 polling places. I have also lived and voted in several heavily populated counties with no issues.
Psst... the incident I speak of was in 2020. That is why they're making a grand production over the number of polling places this year-- it was such a massive fiasco in 2020. My bad for using the word "is" rather than "was".

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/us/jo...rnd/index.html

The point was-- it does happen and it can be cumbersome. The special election we're having in Ohio this week has seen some polling locations change very last minute as well (not near me, but up in Cuyahoga).
Psst... the incident I speak of was in 2020... Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Pssst... you can add a year (2020) to your Hey the Googlie search and VIOLA!

Here's where Jefferson County's proposed 20 polling locations are for Election Day

Jefferson County plans to have 8 polling places for 2020 general election

Jefferson County will have 8 polling locations on Election Day, including KFC Yum Center

Get you some KFC chicken while you wait in line even. YUM!

Proposed Jefferson County Election Day polling locations
  1. Kentucky Exposition Center: 937 Phillips Lane, Fairgrounds North Wing
  2. KFC Yum Center: Main and Second streets, foyer
  3. Kentucky Center for African American Heritage: 1701 West Muhammad Ali Blvd.
  4. Louisville Marriott East: 1903 Embassy Square Blvd., Commonwealth Ballroom
  5. Ballard High School: 6000 Brownsboro Road
  6. Carter Duvalle Elementary School : 3600 Bohne Ave.
  7. Crosby Middle School: 303 Gatehouse Lane
  8. Fairdale High School: 1001 Fairdale Road
  9. Fern Creek High School: 9115 Fern Creek Road
  10. Iroquois High School: 4615 Taylor Blvd.
  11. Jeffersontown High School: 9600 Old Six Mile Lane
  12. Meyzeek Middle School: 828 S. Jackson St.
  13. Seneca High School: 3510 Goldsmith Lane
  14. Shawnee High School: 4001 Herman St.
  15. Southern High School : 8620 Preston Highway
  16. St. Matthews Community Center: 310 Ten Pin Lane
  17. Thomas Jefferson Middle School: 1501 Rangeland Road
  18. Valley High School: 10200 Dixie Highway
  19. Waggener High School: 330 S. Hubbards Lane
  20. Western High School: 2501 Rockford Lane
Kentucky election dates and deadlines
  • Oct. 5 (at 4 p.m.) — The deadline to register to vote
  • Oct. 9 (at 11:59 p.m.) — The deadline to request an absentee ballot
  • Oct. 13 — Early in-person voting commences and runs Monday-Saturday up to Election Day.
  • Nov. 3 — Election Day. All absentee ballots must be postmarked by this day
  • Nov. 6 — The day by which all absentee ballots must be recevied= by county clerk, in order for them to count
RE: ling liknes on voting day>

Early voting is available just about everywhere. Go and vote before the lines form on election day. Again: The county (or local) party headquarters of your choice is your friend. There may also be some non-profit or NGO that will take you.

My guess is that anyone participating on any of the forums on this board has the ability to travel or can arrange for it.
Other impediments to voting:

Her in the Houston area and its surrounding Harris County, the 2022 midterms were an avoidable disaster. It is my belief that the election day debacle was engineered. In 2020, amidst the pandemic induced swirl of absentee voting and ballot harvesting, there was a Democrat sweep of all county elected positions. Which in and of itself is just politics. But in the midterm election of 2022 there was a disaster. I believe that the election day debacle was purposely
engineered.

In just over a hundred polling places there were far fewer ballots issued than there was voting in the previous election, often by a lot. %Texas state law requires that each polling place have on hand 20% MORE BALLOTS THAN RECORDED VOTES FROM THE PREVIOUS ELECTION. Poll workers reported that they did not have enough ballots early in the day but got no more ballots. Many polls closed early (at noon) and thousands were turned away for lack of ballots.

As a matter of public record, these problems occurred exclusively t precincts that historically voted Republican. This was not engineered by any shadowy group whose name ends in Boiz, not by any MAGA-mob or some unethical conservative mega-doner. This was overseen by the elected officials of Harris County.

Any discussion of voter suppression in Texas has got to address the 2022 midterm skuildugery in Harris County.
A liberal that has to walk across the street and show ID to vote has been disenfranchised and suppressed.
Snick
A liberal that has to walk across the street and show ID to vote has been disenfranchised and suppressed.
Snick Originally Posted by winn dixie
I do wonder how they are going to manage when they have to gaze in to an orb to verify their ID? Sadly, it's in the works...
1) The Bourbon is the shizz-nick!
2) The rain keeps pouring down there.
3) The tooth brush was invented there.
Otherwise, it would be know as the teeth brush.
4) They have plenty of polling places available - if you are actually so inclined.
5) They helped us at the Alamo and we are indebted to them forever.
I have to show ID to buy beer at Dollar General. 0zombies can't get a fucking ID to vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq5_pEO8a8U