grammar and spelling police

I realize and admit when I post I do not place commas,periods etc in the proper places. Usually it is because my mind works faster than my fingers as I tyoe and yes I am guilty of typos for the same reason and as a certain provider pointed out she is just going to sit back back and watch you people rip and tear into me ( I am paraphasing)..There are times I post things and may not word them correctly so if there maybe a misunderstanding as to what I mean please PM with any questions. I am always open to suggestions and not out to disrespect or insult anyone.
im nvr goin2 correk one of ur txts again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now come see me soon!!
If it is worth typing, then it is worth typing it correctly. Sorry, but when I see more than just the one or two odd typo, it makes me think the poster obviously did not care enough about what they had to say to say it clearly.

It is not so much about grammar and spelling as it is effort. I think it reveals character. . .but what do I know?
LMAO you have never corrected our secert txts...
im nvr goin2 correk one of ur txts again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now come see me soon!! Originally Posted by Biggreentractor
Point taken, however, I would hope if you decided to point something out you would be nice about it.
If it is worth typing, then it is worth typing it correctly. Sorry, but when I see more than just the one or two odd typo, it makes me think the poster obviously did not care enough about what they had to say to say it clearly.

It is not so much about grammar and spelling as it is effort. I think it reveals character. . .but what do I know? Originally Posted by ANONONE
My typing sucks. Really sucks. It was the only course I almost failed in high school.

My solution is proofread and correct. Then hit send, submit, etc. I still have some errors slip through, but not a lot. After I submit a post I read it again and edit immediately if needed. I feel better about it and I know that it is easier for others to read.

Torito
I do the same and have tried downloading the spell check here but for some reason it doesn't work...
My typing sucks. Really sucks. It was the only course I almost failed in high school.

My solution is proofread and correct. Then hit send, submit, etc. I still have some errors slip through, but not a lot. After I submit a post I read it again and edit immediately if needed. I feel better about it and I know that it is easier for others to read.

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
OK...you wanted to bring it out here, so we will. I don't believe your paraphrasing is very accurate. It's actually a lot stronger than anything I said to you at all. I tried to advise you that the gents would "call you on it" and that it would "embarrass" you, IF, you continued to express how college educated you are and then proceeded to make numerous typos and grammatical errors in every post. I advised you that these gentlemen are not likely to believe what you say, because I know I don't believe it. I'm really not sure how you got, they would "rip and tear into you", out of what I advised you, but we all interpret or perceive things differently. I believe I also stated, after your last defensive response, that I would just sit back and watch this train wreck happen, because it was obvious you didn't want my help or advice even though you are the one who contacted me about what you meant, concerning the thread you believe I misinterpreted. So, here we are.

I can understand why you would be defensive about what I told you, however, if you're going to aim two threads at me, would you mind not making the situation into something that it wasn't? Try taking your defenses down and really read what I wrote to you. There was nothing malicious or untoward aimed at you. My responses to your PMs were
#9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed.

I do acknowledge that you made an effort to more clearly type and edit this post. Kudos, but you actually missed a typo with the word "tyoe" in your post here ....:-( Keep trying, hon. You are doing a bit better. BOL
My post did not mention a person by name..did it? I am not going to engage in a public debate with you especially since you were not referred by name. I am above that childish behavior and unless I am mistaken this is a feedback forum and I was admitting my occassional errors and I believe I used the term paraphrasing which means "not quoting word for word". as well as asking why downloading the spell check hasn't been successful.
OK...you wanted to bring it out here, so we will. I don't believe your paraphrasing is very accurate. It's actually a lot stronger than anything I said to you at all. I tried to advise you that the gents would "call you on it" and that it would "embarrass" you, IF, you continued to express how college educated you are and then proceeded to make numerous typos and grammatical errors in every post. I advised you that these gentlemen are not likely to believe what you say, because I know I don't believe it. I'm really not sure how you got, they would "rip and tear into you", out of what I advised you, but we all interpret or perceive things differently. I believe I also stated, after your last defensive response, that I would just sit back and watch this train wreck happen, because it was obvious you didn't want my help or advice even though you are the one who contacted me about what you meant, concerning the thread you believe I misinterpreted. So, here we are.

I can understand why you would be defensive about what I told you, however, if you're going to aim two threads at me, would you mind not making the situation into something that it wasn't? Try taking your defenses down and really read what I wrote to you. There was nothing malicious or untoward aimed at you. My responses to your PMs were
#9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed.

I do acknowledge that you made an effort to more clearly type and edit this post. Kudos, but you actually missed a typo with the word "tyoe" in your post here ....:-( Keep trying, hon. You are doing a bit better. BOL Originally Posted by M A X
I can see your response was well thought out. LOL However, my intelligence was not what was in question here, whether you said my name or not. So trying to insult it is of no value here and the next time you don't name me, please do so. As you can tell, or maybe not, I can hold my own and I can relay messages in a thoughtful and credible manner which leaves little room for misinterpretation.

Can someone please explain to the vixen, that the spell check is an automatic feature with the forum. Little red lines appear under the misspelled words. Maybe your computer needs an update? BOL
Wow wow wow. I think many things can get misinterpreted online because you do not know a persons character or intention.
Personally I know my grammar is shit and frankly I don't give a F*^K!!!
Okay see.. many of you are going to take that as maybe, perhaps I'm a bit arrogant.
Ah well..
If a hobbyist doesn't want to see me or sees as incompetent because of my grammar. I guess it's my lost. LOL
I guess being fluent in three languages wouldn't qualify me as intelligent. I can sit here and boast and tell you all about my achievements and qualifications.
Let me guess some of the responses......
"why don't you stop learning new languages and concentrate on your grammar?"
Yeah maybe I should stop venturing different cultures and languages. So I can please you and anyone else who may find themselves annoyed or can't understand what point I'm trying to get across...
I'll do that as soon as I start caring about what people think of me.

Come on.... I've never heard a hobbyist say "her bj's are awesome but she is lacking in the grammar department." lol Maybe, I'll google it later!

It's the internet and anybody can be whatever they please to be.

I don't understand why everything has to be negative, thread after thread.
People taking things personally?
If I want to spell my wuts like that then I will. If I want to spell azz monky like that I will.
What's it to yah?!!! If someone is more interested in my grammar then my services. Maybe that someone is the one with a problem.
lol Someone has an underlying issue??

It's the FU**ing holidays! Chill ax!!
Have a drink, get laid!!
FUCK!!

Okay I'll go have my coffee now.

Paulina
Let's all just tone it down.

Torito
Wow wow wow. I think many things can get misinterpreted online because you do not know a persons character or intention.
Personally I know my grammar is shit and frankly I don't give a F*^K!!!
Okay see.. many of you are going to take that as maybe, perhaps I'm a bit arrogant.
Ah well..
If a hobbyist doesn't want to see me or sees as incompetent because of my grammar. I guess it's my lost. LOL
I guess being fluent in three languages wouldn't qualify me as intelligent. I can sit here and boast and tell you all about my achievements and qualifications.
Let me guess some of the responses......
"why don't you stop learning new languages and concentrate on your grammar?"
Yeah maybe I should stop venturing different cultures and languages. So I can please you and anyone else who may find themselves annoyed or can't understand what point I'm trying to get across...
I'll do that as soon as I start caring about what people think of me.

Come on.... I've never heard a hobbyist say "her bj's are awesome but she is lacking in the grammar department." lol Maybe, I'll google it later!

It's the internet and anybody can be whatever they please to be.

I don't understand why everything has to be negative, thread after thread.
People taking things personally?
If I want to spell my wuts like that then I will. If I want to spell azz monky like that I will.
What's it to yah?!!! If someone is more interested in my grammar then my services. Maybe that someone is the one with a problem.
lol Someone has an underlying issue??

It's the FU**ing holidays! Chill ax!!
Have a drink, get laid!!
FUCK!!

Okay I'll go have my coffee now.

Paulina Originally Posted by Paulina_Linda
Thanks honey...you're funny! And....I agree! I honestly don't give a rat's patootie how anyone chooses to communicate or what their education level is. I certainly have never contacted anyone or corrected anyone out on an open board about it before, and trust me...there have been plenty of opportunities to do so. However, I was contacted, corrected, told what to do and how I should react. Maybe the OP has learned not to open herself up to a little help and constructive criticism if she doesn't want it.

Happy Holidays to all!
Don't be spelling azz like that lol. That's mine!
I'd just like to let the OP know that if you use Firefox as your browser, it automatically spell checks for you, no need to download anything. When you spell something wrong, a red squiggly line will appear under the misspelled word. It won't help with punctuation or sentence structure but it is certainly a starting point.