A World On The Verge Of War? & 4000 Marines Headed To Middle East As Part Of Peleliu Amphibious Group Dispatch

I don't know the point that this guy is trying to make but there is always a MARG in the Med until it gets moved to the Persian Gulf. I don't see anything really unusual.
I don't know the point that this guy is trying to make but there is always a MARG in the Med until it gets moved to the Persian Gulf. I don't see anything really unusual. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I don't see anything really unusual???
Okay, smaller words...there is always a MARG (Marine Amphibious Readiness Group) in the Med just like now. Nothing strange there. In the event of trouble (this counts as trouble) the MARG goes to where the trouble is. Nothing strange there. Now I would say that moving another MARG into the area would be unusual. FYI, during Desert Storm there were four, FOUR, MARGs in the Persian Gulf. A MARG usually has one big boy (LHA or LHD) supported by an LCC (comms), a LST or two, maybe a LCA. Like I said, nothing unusual so far.
Okay, smaller words...there is always a MARG (Marine Amphibious Readiness Group) in the Med just like now. Nothing strange there. In the event of trouble (this counts as trouble) the MARG goes to where the trouble is. Nothing strange there. Now I would say that moving another MARG into the area would be unusual. FYI, during Desert Storm there were four, FOUR, MARGs in the Persian Gulf. A MARG usually has one big boy (LHA or LHD) supported by an LCC (comms), a LST or two, maybe a LCA. Like I said, nothing unusual so far. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Are you in the military?
I have a lot of friends and a few family members who have been over to the muddle east. I really don't agree with the way our so called leaders have treated our guys and gals who serve or who have served.
Thanks for the response. I will look into it. I may have learned something for the FIRST time here. Usually when people around here disagree or don't have any facts about a certain subject they respond like a child.
peace and thanks again...
I had a career in the military. Some details have been made known but some details are not known by members of this for obvious reasons. Lets just say that I have experience about land and sea and I was never a commissioned officer.
marg? sounds like a mouthful.

generally, they're called MEU (marine expeditionary unit) that's term the media uses.
Another interesting development:

Exclusive: Western report - Iran ships arms, personnel to Syria via Iraq

By Louis Charbonneau
UNITED NATIONS | Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40pm EDT

(Reuters) - Iran has been using civilian aircraft to fly military personnel and large quantities of weapons across Iraqi airspace to Syria to aid President Bashar al-Assad in his attempt to crush an 18-month uprising against his government, according to a Western intelligence report seen by Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88I17B20120919
Are you in the military?
I have a lot of friends and a few family members who have been over to the muddle east. I really don't agree with the way our so called leaders have treated our guys and gals who serve or who have served.
Thanks for the response. I will look into it. I may have learned something for the FIRST time here. Usually when people around here disagree or don't have any facts about a certain subject they respond like a child.
peace and thanks again... Originally Posted by SEE3772
That's why they call it the Sandbox. Watch out for the cat turds.
If you want to get technical a MARG can be part of a MEU. I can't help it if the media is fairly stupid.